Broke Man offers 40% return on collateralized loan on his Tax refund

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Apr 4, 2013.

1. gip3

gip3 Guest

Worse, he has 10k AGI, 0 taxable income, but about $1+ of tax due (how does this work? Any ideas?) - AND, but already paid into $4k or so....

I'm now just curious about his tax situation.

#11     Apr 4, 2013
  2. No, it's made-up. Any tax app will allow you to what-if and file.

#12     Apr 4, 2013
  3. Here's his latest note to investors:

New Update from Greg...
    I am receiving my tax refund anywhere from 2-4 weeks from today. I have an account that has been set up specifically for this and the tax refund is going specifically into that account(that's all it's used for) and it's states that on the tax refund filed into the IRS.

- Upon commitment, I will send you the account username and password to which you can change or have a third party change and control
    - You will then have the authority or have the third party control the transfer over to you to insure receipt of funds
    - I am not in the financial situation to wait that long for my tax return to arrive, therefore I am sacrificing a little for up front money.

Hope that answers questions and please if you have additional questions, you can reach out to me directly or you can request for more.

#13     Apr 4, 2013
  4. Looks like gofundme pulled the guys listing----- go figure!

surf

#14     Apr 4, 2013
  5. Trading must be really slow for anyone to contemplate this. 40% of 0 is 0.

#15     Apr 4, 2013
  6. I wouldn't be surprised if the post attracts a few "elite" traders to try an ad or two.

:D

#16     Apr 4, 2013
  7. plenty of ways...its called EITC...if you have 3 children and "earn" 10K you will get "back" as much as 3-5K EASY...Refundable Credits....

again though there is only a 50/50 chance he is going to even GET his refund.

#17     Apr 4, 2013
  8. Is that what's called an earned income tax credit? So you are actually getting paid by the IRS rather than paying anything? Never heard of this, but thanks!

#18     Apr 4, 2013
  9. I had heard of the EIC, but had no idea it would result in a (-) effective rate. Thanks.

#19     Apr 4, 2013
  10. #20     Apr 5, 2013