Broke Cities Led By Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Petsamo, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Hmm, no replies to my post. ; )

Anyway, the data does suggest a new thread title: Broke states carried by democrats.

I'd love to superimpose the red state/blue state map over the transfer payment map.

#11     Oct 29, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

He's pretty stupid, but he just likes to stir the pot. For instance, he knows there were replies to his post, but since he's put half the forum on ignore for not being able to debate them, he can't see them. But he knows they're there.

#12     Oct 29, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

#13     Oct 29, 2012
  4. He married into his job...hence the reason he is completely in favor of taxing it away...

Ever met a small business liberal? Neither have I.

#14     Oct 29, 2012
  5. That's especially true in my home state of California. It doesn't matter how much money they have, they always spend more. That's why the state of California and most of the major cities are burried in debt and teetering on the brink of insolvency.

Despite having the 4th highest per-capita tax burden in the nation and borrowing more than any other state in the union, California has some of the worst schools and worst roads and bridges in the country. The problem isn't money. The problem is bad management.

==================================

California has nation's worst credit rating, Pew study finds

California has the worst credit rating of any state now and the nation's worst credit rating record over the past 11 years, according to a new nationwide compilation by the Pew Center on the States.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolaler...-study-finds.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

====================================

Credit score by state

http://www.pewstates.org/projects/s...-sp-state-credit-ratings-20012012-85899404785

#15     Oct 29, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Probably without the drag of the red states on them, the blue states could make internal transfers to their cities in trouble, like we do at the national level. It's the overspending of the red states that's to blame.

#16     Oct 29, 2012
  7. Obviously you choose the "blue pill".

#17     Oct 29, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

No, I made an error with that last statement. It's the under-earning of the red states that's to blame.

#18     Oct 29, 2012
  9. Glad to meet you denner, now you've met one.

#19     Oct 29, 2012
  10. Maybe he should have qualified it as a "successful" liberal small business owner?

#20     Oct 29, 2012