Broadband in Portugal.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kalinka, Sep 6, 2005.

1. kalinka

kalinka

Netcabo is cable.

#11     Sep 6, 2005
  2. wow, must be in a rural area or something.
    i spend some time in poland, they had a cable service of 12 mbs for around $70 a month, thats 4 times the speeed i have in the US.

#12     Sep 6, 2005
  3. samui

samui

I believe 8192 Kbps is 8.6 Mbps. I see from Netcabos site that you need to pay for that speed to get 8GB of international downloads.

It seems to me that 4GB per month should be enough to trade with. I will need to check how much I use.

I do have a question about the cost of small apartments in the Estoril area. I have sent for the residency requirements for a non E.U. citizen. I would like to spend a year in Portugal.

#13     Sep 6, 2005
  4. kalinka

kalinka

Prices varies a lot, for T1(one bedroom) you have to
    pay between 500-1200 euro for 800 euros you can
    probably get a nice one,not so cheap.

#14     Sep 7, 2005
  5. If you want speed you can get ADSL 16mbps from the Sonae group (Clix site).
    Or opt for NetCabo Pro 4mbps. It says 4G (international) per month but it is unlimited from 9H00-18H00 (Mon-Fri professional hours). This is more than enough unless you download DVDs for a living!

Out of curiosity, why would you people want to 'trade' while in Portugal?
    It amazes me that people go to Portugal to 'work' when it is supposed that you should bask under the sun, go to fado houses, eat lots of sardines with top notch wine, go see those crazy fellows who literally take the bulls by the horns (only the Portuguese do such crazy things), ...etc, etc...

#15     Sep 7, 2005
  6. samui

samui

For me it is in fact trading that allows me to go to Portugal and live for a year. Trading is my Golf or Fishing. I trade on a longer time frame and have very little stress.

I am leaving for Victoria B.C. on October 1st for 6 months and then to Buenos Aires for 6 months if I can't get a residency permit for Portugal.

The Schengen Agreement is a pain in the behind for non EU citizens.

#16     Sep 7, 2005