Broadband Access

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mksummny, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Does the fact that you are going through 2 different ISP's affect access to any sites that you use? Wouldn't you be operating from 2 different IP addresses? It seems like some sites would think there are 2 users accessing their site at the same time and shut you down.

I've had problems accessing the same site from 2 different programs from the same computer. Just wondering.

Shreddog

#21     Jul 25, 2003
  2. i'mlong

i'mlong

You missed the whole point. What he was saying was 8 seconds is too long. Regardless if you are a size trader or a piker, it doesn't matter. A $100 is a $100 even if you're a piker. That kind of delay can not be tolerated. But, in regards to your point, VPNs over the internet can run a tolerable connections - though NOT ideal. Obviously, the ideal situation is to have a T1 but I don't think that was in consideration when this thread was started.

#22     Jul 25, 2003
  3. actually my two internet connections combined download at T-1 type speeds. I have clocked downloads at 1.8 Meg per second well above a t-1 at 1.54 meg per second

and this is at 1/4 the cost of a t-1, with double redundancy

#23     Jul 26, 2003