Brka Brkb

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Daal, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Daal

Daal

2. 1) It's different this time.
    2) If the 100-day doesn't provide "support", maybe the 150-day is the magic number, maybe the 200-day, maybe the 300-day, maybe the 500-day.
    3) A repeat of 1998-2000 seems to be in order.
    5) The mainstream media will continue to speak well of Buffett during the entire downswing.

3. 5) The mainstream media will continue to speak well of Buffett during the entire downswing.
    ----------------------

They may speak well of him but I'm not quite so sure anyone listens to him. Two thumbs down on derivatives, short the dollar, what state is Nebraska in?

4. Answer-------Oma-ha-ha-ha-ha! :p

5. Daal

Daal

the only reason I dont buy this its because its a glorified 'long america' trade, this might stay depressed for quite a while, who knows, we could maybe get filled at $3,000, then it would be a slam dunk

6. When Buffett wants to puke out all of this financial holdings, that'll be the "final bottom". :cool:

7. bl33p

bl33p

BRK.A was only $60,000 at 2001-2003 lows, yet that was not a time of suffering for financials and housing, or even consumer, which make up a significant core of BRK holdings.

It's admirable how well The Buffett Magic has kept BRK stock price in the sky against all realities.

8. Daal

Daal

its $200 away from that mark! back it august it looked like a sure bet to buy it but now I'm beginning to have my doubts

9. 1) $200 away? The bid-side of the market is probably $1,000 "away".
    2) Buy 1 share now.
    3) Buy another share at $89,999.99
    4) Buy another share at $79,999.99
    5) Buy another.....you get the idea. :cool:

10. Daal

Daal

I'm talking about brkb, who in their right mind would hand 100 grand over to buffett? :p

#10     Nov 13, 2008