Britney Spears is Preggers!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hcour, May 10, 2006.

1. Sounds pretty good. Yeah, gotta choose family though. I quit several years ago shortly after my daughter was born. I didn't like being away all week at work and every weekend with the band. Once I quit my day job and started trading from home full time, I rejoined! Still at it, although it feels more like a job than it did when I was a bit younger! :(

#21     May 11, 2006
  2. g222

g222

Well ... turned out, wife didn't think I'd give it up ... that was why the ultimatum ... she booked within a year anyway, and I never could pick up that horn again. No regrets, though ... had a great time & met a lot of good people.

#22     May 11, 2006
  3. Oh man... brutal! Yeah, you can't complain too much about getting paid to do your hobby and making good friends!

#23     May 11, 2006
  4. g222

g222

What do you play ... how many pieces ??

#24     May 11, 2006
  5. Lead guitar is my main instrument. I play keyboards and drums as well. We all switch instruments during the night (rhythm gtrist plays drums as well/ drummer sings etc.)... crowd gets a kick out of it. 5 piece. Need to make it a 4 piece for a little more money though!

#25     May 12, 2006
  6. g222

g222

My respect to anyone that plays more than one instrument. Do you get to stay local or do you road it as well???

#26     May 12, 2006
  7. Lovely sentiments, to be sure. But what does that have to do with product quality? I think that is what we are talking about. I would be willing to pay a bit more for my gym membership if they promised never to play rap. Perhaps these "artistes" could then get a portion of that membership increment to add to their coffers, thereby furthering that American Dream.

#27     May 12, 2006
  8. Thanks... only local. I'm not willing to travel very far for a musician's wage!!

#28     May 12, 2006