Britney Spears desperate for attention

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by forex-forex, Feb 17, 2007.

1. justin timberlake is smiling in the mirror.

#11     Feb 18, 2007
  2. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

best thing she could have done....

i clip my head with 1 guard every other week, it's f'ing awesome. Highly recommended.

#12     Feb 18, 2007
  3. Yeah, totally different to Sinead O'conner.

Look in her eyes, and you see pure hatred:D

#13     Feb 18, 2007
  4. Aaron

Aaron

Interesting quote. Let's see, there are about 57 million square miles of land on earth, that's about 30 billion acres. Let's assume an average of, what, 2 birds per acre? It'll be really high in rain forests and low across Antarctica and the sahara. Just a guess.

That's 60 billion birds on earth.
    Bill Gates is worth about $50 billion. How much is a few ounces of bird seed? Maybe bird seed is a $1 per pound. Bill Gates could then feed 800 billion birds for an hour. So even if there is actually 20 birds on average per acre, Bill Gates could still feed them all.

Of course, this is assuming all birds eat bird seed, which, of course, they don't. If you had to start buying meat for the raptors and other unique things for specialized diets, I'm sure it would add up fast. And then there are the logistics... :D

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

#14     Feb 18, 2007
  5. ..err but wouldn't you be driving the price of bird seed up with the first $10,000,000,000 remembering its a $50,000,000,000 order?
    or is there enough bird seed sitting around in storage?
    Is there a bird seed glut or is the price of bird seed susceptible to slight changes in volume?

#15     Feb 18, 2007
  6. Which exchange is bird seed traded on?

#16     Feb 18, 2007
  7. maxpi

maxpi

It must be a world wide one, birds seem to be everywhere. Speaking of logistics, you would have to cross every border in the world with seed to feed all the birds. There would be duty taxes to be paid, bribes, searches to be endured, once the bird feed news got out the border police everywhere would be seeing it as the newest way to conceal contraband. Eventually, if a bird starved you would get blamed for the inequitable distribution too, there might be legal costs.

#17     Feb 19, 2007
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I always thought the people who said money can not make you happy must have been nuckin futs until I had more money than I could ever spend, yet still was miserable. There is MUCH more to life than money, and a life spent focused nearly exclusively on it is in my opinion a wasted one.

#18     Feb 19, 2007
  9. Aaron, your ball park estimate of 60 billion birds on Earth is of the right order of magnitude, not far off at all. And apparently even your density methodology is along the lines of what they actually use... impressive. According to this 1996 article by a couple of British biologists, in a peer-reviewed journal called "Biodiversity and Conservation":

"Here, we use a variety of methods to estimate the global number of individuals for a single taxon, birds. The different methods yield surprisingly consistent estimates of a global bird population of between 200 billion and 400 billion individuals (1 billion=10<sup>9</sup>)."

However, bird seed even at retail can be found for as little as $0.30/lb, presumably a fraction of that in bulk. So, yeah, in theory, Bill Gates (and other, far lesser billionaires) could easily pull it off -- in theory, as virtually his entire net worth is illiquid. Besides those pesky logistics...

#19     Feb 19, 2007
  10. I was never a big Britney fan, but I feel sorry for her. If she had a man in her life that truely loved her, I dont think any of the things she's done would've happened.

#20     Feb 19, 2007