British Pound Strength in 2018

Discussion in 'Forex' started by HBC Fund, Jan 28, 2018.

1. HBC Fund

HBC Fund

Anyone thinking of the GBP reaching higher levels?

According the Bloomberg, the Pound is the best performing of the G10 currency so far in 2018.

What are the chances of GBP hitting $1.50 again?

2. tomorton

tomorton

Don't know how high it'll go but I'm long GBP/JPY and looking for long re-entries into GBP/USD again next week if poss. After that GBP/CAD or GBP/NZD look like next opportunities.

3. Palindrome

Palindrome

Under 1.41 is not a bad spot to be buying for further upside. I've been trading it from the long side, mostly.

athlonmank8 likes this.
  4. Idk about 1.5 but 1.45 has a decent possibility this year. Most of my technical posts about it are in the GBP thread and my EURJPY thread. As mentioned above, 1.40/1.41 are decent spots to look to enter.

5. I guess expectations for the current government are so low any hint of good news sends us higher + EM currencies in general have done well ;)

Also there's that chatter re new referendum - that would be a great selling opportunity IMHO

6. zdreg

zdreg

the trend is dollar weakness.

HobbyTrading likes this.
  7. interdim

interdim

Still in a testing phase but here are what my algorithms are indicating for the British Pound Weekly data in 2018. The first chart represents an indication or reflection of what the price chart will look like and the volatility chart is pretty much self-explanatory.

upload_2018-1-28_16-15-57.png upload_2018-1-28_16-17-9.png

8. truetype

truetype

LOL. Wish you'd thought of this a year ago, when £ was in the 120 handle.

9. It is not that the GBP is getting higher. It is the USD which is getting lower. Look at most currency pairs which include USD and you will see this.

10. maxinger

maxinger

gbpusd has been going up past few weeks.

on very big picture, it is bearish.

#10     Jan 28, 2018