British Figure Out Gift Giving Tactic With Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Mar 19, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Obama gave the Queen and ipod. He gave Tony Blair some CD's in North American format and he just gave Cameron a barbecue grill.

The British, after giving Obama a couple of priceless treasures from Briton have figured out this chump change, foreign leader gift exchange with Obama.

Cameron has just given Obama a tennis table game made in China!! Score one for the British. :D

2. I am super curious... What "priceless treasures from Briton" have the British given Obama? As a British taxpayer, I would very much like to know.

3. pspr

pspr

I think the first gift to Obama from Britain was the deed to he Houl mansion. Have you moved out yet? :D

Just kidding. I recall Obama getting something carved from the wood of a famous old wooden British war ship and similarly unique items.

I can't imagine the Queen's guests upon seeing the ipod under glass being told, "this was a gift from the U.S. President that I will treasure always."

Obama has brought the international leader memorable gift giving to something akin to buying a toy for your kid.

Ah yes. I found this about what was given Obama the first time around.

March 6, 2009: During a visit to Washington, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown presents Obama with a pen holder crafted from the timbers of the 19th century British warship HMS President, a thoughtful gift, considering the desk in the Oval Office was crafted from wood from the warship’s sister ship, HMS Resolute. Obama’s gift to Brown? Twenty-five incorrectly formatted (and rather inexpensive) DVDs of American movies.

April 1, 2009: During a visit to Buckingham Palace, Queen Elizabeth presents Obama with a silver framed photo of her and Prince Andrew. Obama gives the queen — an iPod featuring 40 Broadway show tunes and footage of her infamous visit to the US in 2007.

The queen is said to already own an iPod.

4. Yeah, but what else do you expect from Gordon Brown? He's the same man who sold 400 tons of British gold reserves near all time lows... He wouldn't know value if it hit him in the face.

5. And, if the President gave them something good and of value you'd be yelling at him for wasting money, poor guy can't seem to get a break.

Anyway, slow news day, very slow trading day. You finding any good trades today? Anything of value to look at? Whatcha working on.

c

6. Today is a mean reversion day, good for scalps.

As far as Obama goes, there are deeper issues at work here, so do not be surprised at this kind of rhetoric. Primal stuff, actually.

7. seems like a subtle insult by the BRITS.

:mad:

"You better learn how to play ping pong coz all your stuff is made in China"

8. Waited for the breakout above 1400, bought a couple, sold, shorted several stocks around the 1406 futures level, nice retrace so far. Took profits, new territory now. Flat, and a good day, slow day, but a good day. I hate when it's so darn slow.

c