Britain & Iran or How I learned To Love The Bomb...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stonedinvestor, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Just posturing to give themselves more time to arm their nuclear warheads.

#41     Apr 2, 2007
  2. All these talks of military strikes...

..pfftt...

...so much puffing.

Oil prices have us by the short and curlies, just like in 1979, and no politician on this side of the Atlantic will dare being labeled as responsible for throwing the U.S. into a deep recession, 18 months before presidential elections, because crude oil spikes to $120 a barrel and Joe Sixpack and his wife have to spend $160 to fill up their Suburban.

#42     Apr 2, 2007
  3. ByLo your missing the REAL conspiracy. When oil was down at $50 and it wasn't reflected at the pumps I kept asking myself why isn't the government doing something. What in the world could they have to gain that would be so important as to outweigh political ramifications... I think they have us (the people) just where they want them-- inoculated to $3 gas so a jump to $6 is not going to rock anybodys boat. Depending on what other oil countries do the impact can be born relatively easily short term. They have opened the door and given us the excuse. Now surly they have the read the same Russian intelligence I posted for you all... so I wouldn't be surprised to see them cough up the prisoners by the end of the week.

With Israelis target info... I just don't think they will push it but if they do... if they really humiliate those folks or kill one... I think you knows this could be the opening we have been waiting for to take a whole bunch of targets down.

#43     Apr 2, 2007
  4. BREAKING NEWS:- ALL 15 BRITISH SAILORS CONFIRM THEY WERE IN IRANIAN WATERS

I saw them all smiling and explaining this.

Iran knew what they were doing. They knew they would get away with this. Our speculators driving up the price of crude benefits THEM! It is a clear win win situation.

Watch as the brits do NOTHING!....as usual. As for their 'dirty tricks' 007's I think you had better put away those Sean Connery films, they are films, they are works of fiction.

England is not the empire it was 500 years ago or a 1000 years ago. They have got their asses kicked in so many conflicts over the years. Granted they did win a scuffle against Argentina in the Falklands in 1982.
    They would be speaking German if the USA didn't give a phenomenal amount of assistance in WW2.

England bend over!

#44     Apr 2, 2007
  5. Has everyone forgotten Terry Waite? All that posturing by England didn't stop him from being a hostage for what? 20 years or something ridiculous wasn't it?

#45     Apr 2, 2007
  6. I think the only thing that might free the 15 brit hostages is an 'Iran Benefit Concert' in Hyde Park! Think about it all these great bands could have a reason to reform, think of the headline acts:-

WHAM with George Michael
    Boy George and Culture Club
    Elton John

to name but a few!

Singing and dancing is what the brits are good at...let 'em sing and free those hostages!

#46     Apr 2, 2007
  7. Big difference, stoney.

If a full fledged conflict breaks out between the U.S. and Iran, gas will be $6 a gallon, if you will be able to even find it.

They had gas lines 2 miles long in '79. My uncle told me he was literally trapped in Biloxi, Mississippi, because he could not get gasoline to drive back up north, even after trying to buy gasoline for 10x the going rate. The gas stations ran out.

I would bet a large chunk of my cash on that.

#47     Apr 2, 2007
  8. I am English- and had a mate serve in Iraq.Sorry to say- but I think- those 15 british navy personnel " captured" by iran was a done deal between bush/blair a excuse to fire a few warheads towards iran.

#48     Apr 2, 2007
  9. More like a reason for the Iranians to demand a tour by 'The Spice Girls' as part of a whole list of backdowns and concessions and apologies. The Iranians hold the cards these days...BIG TIME!
    Don't believe what BBC world service tells you, look at what is happening to get the hostages back....NOTHING! The hostages are filmed happy and smiling as they explain why and where they trespassed into Iranian waters.

The Brits, like always, will bend over. No stiff upper lip. More like a stiff d**k up Englands a**!

#49     Apr 3, 2007
  10. Shame on you Alex in Oz for spreading such disinformation.

The English would be speaking Russian.

#50     Apr 3, 2007