Britain In Tatters; Hard to Believe: Gov't May Have To Accept IMF Loan

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Apr 14, 2009.

1. So why print the damn story? I wonder how many NY Times readers skimmed the article, totally missed that passage and now think the IMF is mailing checks to the British government.

#11     Apr 14, 2009
  2. HAHA, oh wait, it was only the politicians (and Gordon Brown as finance minister since 1997) who got them into this mess, not the people. Well the people are responsible too, man the british are weak, even weaker than the americans.

IMF loan, HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

Get a freaking clue, soon you won't have to spell Thailand or Chad and try painfully to locate them on the map, the future crippling poverty, polar society, empty futures and taser wielding mailmen will be in the West.

#12     Apr 14, 2009
  3. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-economy-contracts-20pc-in-first-quarter.html

Singapore economy contracts 20% this quarter.

No where to hide.

All the rich going to hide from the starving masses on the moon perhaps?

#13     Apr 14, 2009
  4. #14     Apr 14, 2009

5. Yeah, what's up with that.

I tought production created wealth.

Today production creates mass unemployment.

Strange how economists get this wrong.

They were creating products for a world that didnt excist.

Not that different from those 2 guys Keynes ordered to dig a hole and fill it back up.

#15     Apr 14, 2009
  6. Too bad Oklahoma does not have its own currency, because that would be the greatest short opportunity of all time.

#16     Apr 14, 2009
  7. Why?

#17     Apr 14, 2009
  8. Cutten

Cutten

A Stalinist health system, love of bar fights, and not giving a shit about personal appearance. Brits think there are more important things in life than how your teeth look. As long as they don't ache or fall out, and can do the job, who cares.

Now, allow me to ask a question - why are most American baby boys automatically circumcised? I'd be pretty pissed off if someone cut off my foreskin when I was too young to have a say in the matter.

#18     Apr 14, 2009
  9. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/27c46bec-0c0c-11de-b87d-0000779fd2ac.html

According to Munchau, these disappearing exports mean lower (normalized?) spending elsewhere.

The trade surpluses and deficits worldwide are a zero sum game. When the leveraged spenders (UK, US, Spain etc. etc) revert back to trend savings rates the surplus countries ("crack dealers") should automatically get hurt.

#19     Apr 15, 2009
  10. Humpy

Humpy

Poor old Britain - used to be respected for fair play and good manners etc. Now we have New "champagne" Labour which has bankrupted the country just like it did in the 70s.
    To understand New Labour one must see 3 groups

1. Trotskyites and other Uni commies from the 60s
    2. the Gay group
    3.old labour unions - ever greedy for their annual wage rise

regretably the above are hopeless in running a country as the results show

Tony Blair sold us out to Bush for a nice big pension too

#20     Apr 15, 2009