Brit moving to US....where would YOU recommend to live?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Captain Haddock, Jul 3, 2007.

1. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

check out craigslist.com
    lots of great deals can be found.

#21     Jul 5, 2007
  2. K-Rock

K-Rock

Since condo supply in Miami is exceeding demand (serious over building going on with more buildings in the pipeline, which is starting to push rents downward) you should be able to get a great deal on the beach, especially since you are planning to pay up front.

Two years ago I made a similar move to Miami, for about a year. I had a nice place in a highrise, 23rd floor, with a beach view, before getting hitched (that was the life). If you decide to go there I would focus on South Beach first, that's where most of the action is. Good luck!

#22     Jul 5, 2007
  3. You should look at rentals for these cities as well: Dana Point, San Clemente, Oceanside, Carlsbad, Del Mar, Encinitas, and San Juan Capistrano. Dana Point is just south of Laguna Beach, and is very nice. Seems like it is in your price range as well. If you have google earth, you can see a lot of photos of the area.

#23     Jul 5, 2007
  4. Check this property out. 2 bed, 2 bath 1200 square feet in Dana Point for $1900.00:

http://rentals.realtor.com/rentals/...dac79c37&lid=1081160322&lsn=5&srcnt=26#Detail

#24     Jul 5, 2007
  5. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

6. ElCubano

ElCubano

as much as i like south beach and lived there for 5 years in 2 different locations...I would try to stay away unless of course you get nice digs with its own parking spaces...if you cant muster that ; definitely stay away...its nice to go there and party and see the beaches , but to live its not necessarily the place to be...just too much commotion...and when its hip hop weekend oh boy...

the best spots in my opinion ( i have no idea how old you are ) are: all quite areas

1) key biscayne
    2) coconut grove
    3) coral gables
    4) brickell

all within 5 minutes from downtown miami; sporting events; concerts and south beach....coral gables has many little quaint apartments....

#26     Jul 6, 2007
  7. K-Rock

K-Rock

As a family man, for the most part, I agree with you; however, when I was single South Beach was the place to be.:D

#27     Jul 6, 2007
  8. harry11

harry11

I think Florida would be ideal..

#28     Jul 6, 2007
  9. harry11

harry11

Florida is definitely the place to be.. !

#29     Jul 6, 2007