Bring back the draft

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dgabriel, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Yeah ok Optional.

I'm just some tatooed Latino walking around in a tank top, drinking beer and calling people homes...

#31     Apr 3, 2003
  2. If Rangel said it, he is wrong too.

#32     Apr 3, 2003

3. Kudos to you Dgab,

#33     Apr 3, 2003
  4. Oh? Forgive me, but it's statements like these that give me the distinct impression that you are anti-war:

Yeah, I see such support for the "end goals of the invasion: regime change, ...." there dGAB! That's just one of many. If you have posted in support of this war, either it's rare lip service or just obscured by the majority of your anti-Bush rhetoric. ....

Please. Your hypocrisy holds no bounds. Personal attacks? You're one of the main proponents of them, you frequently use profanity, and you're a supposed moderator! I thought it hilarious that the last time you used profanity against me, another moderator had to moderate your language. Laughable.

The volunteer system currently in place is the best there is. Military service is simply not a system in which EVERYONE can take part. It takes young, idealistic, and patriotic soldiers to form an effective fighting force. We're not discussing entry into golf clubs here, for chrissake. Get real.

Actually, it's better that you never served. I shudder to imagine how a bunch of conscripts who feel like you and others on this board would fare in combat. Worse, I shudder to think of how damaging you would be to your own fellow soldiers. A foxhole under fire is the worst place to find out that the man next to you would rather harangue the commander in chief, feel more for the enemy, and believe in conspiracy theories instead of his superior officers. Guys like you get fellow soldiers killed.

And you ask that "the burden of war should be shared by all in an equitable fashion" via a draft? ROFL!

#34     Apr 3, 2003
  5. msfe

msfe

Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Hamburg, Dresden - Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia, Afghanistan, Iraq

#35     Apr 3, 2003
  6. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

LMAO:D Thinking about it, I think the USA looks like a bunch of Cubans becuase as far as I can see....we are!:D

#36     Apr 3, 2003
  7. Hapaboy,

You proved my point, not once did I make any statement opposing the Iraqi invasion. Once again you are attributing to me opinions I have not stated.

What would you know about a foxhole?

Optional is right. You seek friends on the internet and only manage to alienate anyone with whom you dialogue.

My guess is you probably have no job, are unproductive, perhaps physically disabled to complement your emotional disabilities, live with your parents, have little to no friends, and visit male prostitutes on a regular basis, blowing most of your social security check. How would I know? Just an uninformed guess. Just my opinion.

Now those are opinions and you are free to quote me endlessly.

#37     Apr 3, 2003
  8. You have the spare time to actually comb through all my posts. Get a life!

ROFL!

#38     Apr 3, 2003
  9. Thanks dgabriel. I always wondered what chicken-shit, horse-shit and bullshit would smell like if it was all mixed together in one post. Now I know.

Oh, I get it. Everything you have thus posted indicates that you support the war. ROFL! You pay token lip service but the majority of your invective is anti-Bush, anti-Republican, and anti-war despite your sorry attempts at window dressing.

Well gee. How about I've dug a few and been in several for starters. How about you? I'm a vet. The closest you've come to doing a service for this country is contemplate suicide.

First of all, if I alienate you or Optional it's hardly a loss in my opinion. I don't "seek friends on the internet." Thanks but I've got a social life outside of the Web. You, on the other hand, being a "moderator" (or supposedly one, I use the term loosely in your case) obviously spend far more time on the Net than I do. What's the matter? Have to supplement your income? Can't hold down a job? What a surprise given your wonderful personality!

Look dGAB, I don't think you are a complete fool, but what's my opinion compared to that of thousands of others?

As for the rest of your shallow and far-reaching comments, what can one expect from someone who actually experienced 9/11 close-up yet cannot understand the implications?

Heh, I bet you thought it was just coincidence that your parents had the same surnames before they married, didn't you?

You obviously can dish it out but cannot take it. When asked straight questions you avoid them like the plague. You're a coward, and in more ways than one.

You're sort of like an inverse Einstein, operating on zero K memory and thinking at 5 baud.

You want to help the world? Tell ya what, fight global warming: shut your mouth. :D

#39     Apr 4, 2003
  10. bronks

bronks

I find it quite interesting that the whole world (according to you and others) finds this war intolerable, but the Iraqi civilians are dancing in the streets when the Americans or Brits come rolling through their towns. And they (Iraqi's) are actually losing lives in the process, and still encourage our troops.

If my memory serves me correctly, Kuwaitis did the same ten years ago and is now are strongest ally in the mid-east.

#40     Apr 4, 2003