Bring back the draft

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dgabriel, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Rep Charles Rangel, Korean war veteran and bronze star awardee, introduced a bill recently for universal military service. The draft. It's less than DOA, it's not even going to get to committee.

However, his idea is that the burden of conflict should be carried by all americans, not just those who volunteer, who generally are not children of the middle and upper classes.

The Pentagon says they do not want forced conscripts, that they will not serve the military well. But the idea of service to your country is appealing for a host of reasons (especially after a time of such corporate greed and corruption).

2. well maybe they should have drafted you and dropped you into
    Baghdad sitting on top of a bomb, you retarded mother fucker.

3. you would LOVE the draft, since it GALLS you that there are hundreds of thousands of real patriotic americans who VOLUNTEERED to fight our enemies!

Your not going to get what you want sucker ! MOVE TO FRANCE, YOU DON'T BELONG HERE.

4. Brother Mondo,

Get lost, you scum-faced mother piece of traitor ...

Love,
    Candle

5. I would never fuck your mother Mondo, or any other retarded mothers for that matter.

6. brilliant

7. thanks madison, but I won't return the complement.

8. I fucked his mother....sure she has a butte face, but the bod is smoking....she is not retarded...she's mentally challenged!

9. What IS the point of this thread, dgabriel?

Mondo is undoubtedly extremist, but he brings up a valid point: why would someone like you, who is obviously against the war, start a thread like this?

Is it to imply that rich kids don't volunteer to serve in the Armed Forces, and that a draft would force them to share in the death and misery of what you view as an unjust war?

Your ending statement about service to the country fails to mention that there are other alternatives besides the armed forces, i.e. regular government agencies, Peace Corps, etc.

Have you ever served in the Armed Forces? :confused:

10. Crap!!! I hate it when we are talking about fucking a retarded mother and somebody brings up a really good point....but i got to hand it to Hap...he's 100% right and RANGEL is the same person who said recently on hannity and Colmes " I don't see the good in bombing woman and children"....and "he is not my commander and chief( referring to president Bush).....what a great time to undermine the President.

#10     Apr 3, 2003