Bring back the draft.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Most intelligent kids don't want to subject themselves to that level of basic training brain washing ... if theres a definition for brainwashing thats it or else it need not exist as a concept. By the way, I heard Chuck Norris' new book comes with crayons.

#21     Sep 5, 2008
  2. So, you are enlisting tomorrow? After all, walk the talk...

#22     Sep 5, 2008
  3. bronks

bronks

Wait a minute.
    Rage is back together again? All the original members?

#23     Sep 6, 2008

4. Not officially.

The concert her in denver was last minute. It was supposed to headlined by flobots (not a bad band at all), but 2 or 3 days earlier rage announced they were going to show up.

The venue was small 2-3k people at most, and tickets free. they are awesome live, directly after the concert everyone marched to the convention to protest the war. they were very insistent on things remaining peaceful, and they did.

it looks like the RNC wasnt quite as lucky though. it was something seeing 2 or 3 thousand kids get stoked about hating the war and to add to it rage played to pump them up even more. if only they could direct their enthusiasm to learning wtf they are talking about lol.

yes, all original members

#24     Sep 6, 2008
  5. bronks

bronks

They were always one of the more astute political bands. I thought they might grow out of it as they aged. Nevertheless, they can flat out rock with absolutely no fluff or compromise. Top five all time on my short list.

#25     Sep 6, 2008
  6. That they can! I could have been right under the stage, but I decided against it.

When rage came on, I was glad. I left the concert without ever being punched in the face, not even once.

:D

#26     Sep 6, 2008
  7. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

Funny comment. Inadvertant or not.

Going forward it's a fun idea to accuse anyone that posts on a message board of anti-seeeeeeemitry.

A: "I think the stock market is going down"

B: "ANTI-SEEEEEEMITE!!!!!!"

And so forth.
    :D

#27     Sep 6, 2008
  8. Publically anyway, the military doesn 't want the draft. They want a volunteer force.

In the past, there was an argument the draft was good, because it exposed the Military, and the Military was exposed to, citizens who would not necessarily be aware of such.

I wonder, during the big draft years, how many folks were exposed to it, and made it a career?

Whatever. But look around you. You wouldn't have it without them.

#28     Sep 6, 2008