Bring back the draft.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Sep 4, 2008.

1. That is why I say throw everyone in the same pot. We either act as Americans and walk the talk as one group or we STFU.

Too many whiners,mammas boys and chickenhawks willing to send our boys to war with no consideration about the folks in Uniform.

#11     Sep 4, 2008
  2. They can step up like this, but the RNC driven police make non combat difficult:

Antiwar march planned for last day of RNC

By AMY FORLITI – 8 hours ago

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — As John McCain accepts his party's presidential nomination Thursday night, protesters calling for an end to the Iraq war plan to march outside the Xcel Energy Center.

The Anti-War Committee, which is organizing Thursday's march, urged others to join in and denounced the increased presence of police in riot gear and acts of "intimidation" in the streets of St. Paul.

Tracy Molm, a member of Students for a Democratic Society at the University of Minnesota, urged students to get involved.

"Students in this country are angry. We're angry because it's us that are asked to fight and die in this immoral and unjust war," Molm said Wednesday. "Bring that anger to the streets, because that is how social change in this country happens."

Police arrested 102 protesters in downtown Minneapolis early Thursday following a concert by the political rock group Rage Against the Machine, according to the Joint Information Center. Of those arrests, 100 were for misdemeanors and two were for gross misdemeanors. Eighty-seven of those arrested were tagged and released; 15 were booked.

Police earlier had expressed concern about the possibility of trouble after the concert. A couple hundred people lingered outside the Target Center after the concert. Police eventually ordered them to leave. A smaller group chanting "Whose streets? Our streets" then headed toward the main part of downtown.

A downtown Minneapolis intersection was blocked off as police processed those arrested. Young people sat on a sidewalk, their backs against a building, or stood quietly in line, their hands in plastic cuffs behind their backs.

Including the Minneapolis protest, police have arrested 422 people since Saturday in pre-emptive raids and at protests in downtown St. Paul that were marred by violence. St. Paul was quieter on the convention's third day, when four women from the peace group CodePink were arrested after crawling under a fence a couple blocks from Xcel. They were released.

#12     Sep 4, 2008

3. Ha. They held a concert here in Denver as well for free just before a protest march. I went bc it was a free rage concert. My conclusion is that theyre all protesting for the sake of protesting. From what I can see none of them had the faintest clue what they were actually talking about.

They were backing a group called iraq veterans against the war. In hearing them talk they sounded like they signed up for the army for the college benefits and it never even crossed their minds that they are actually IN the army. anyways protesting fir the sake of protesting is dumb.

concert was killer though.

#13     Sep 4, 2008
  4. I agree completely. Every man and woman should do at least one year of service to their country, either military, Peace Corps, something. I would also say that any politician that votes for a war, any type of war, must send their adult children, regardless of how old they are, to fight in that war. No exceptions!

#14     Sep 4, 2008

5. wtf

the differences are what make our country great. and even existent.

#15     Sep 4, 2008
  6. With some big exceptions. If we declare war, we march together. Tired of Dilettantes and chicken hawks declaring war and sitting back going fishing etc.. while Americans die.

They volunteered to protect our freedoms not die in some BS war because the son and his cronies wanted to play general. At least Palin has her kid about to go to Iraq.

#16     Sep 5, 2008
  7. The dems need to get young volunteers to go to every college campus and let the students know that a McBush election means a return of the draft.

Make sure these voting age students get out and vote in November.

#17     Sep 5, 2008
  8. Agree.

Cheney can fulfill his service and shoot down enemy ducks.

#18     Sep 5, 2008
  9. uote from Vinny1's quote;

"Dumb idea."

Chicken Hawk.

#19     Sep 5, 2008
  10. He will eventually kill Harry Whittington. Cheney is a tenacious mofo. Don't think for a second that he forgot that Whittington survived.

I thought he was going to take Whittington out in the hospital - you know, with a pillow, late at night, when the late shift nurses were on and mostly absent.

#20     Sep 5, 2008