Brilliant presentation by Ken Reid on the 3 genetic trading types

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by trader28, Feb 6, 2006.

1. slacker

slacker

If you liked this presentation by Reid you might also be interested in:

"Deep Survival:Who lives and Who dies"
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...002-3184681-3492061?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

"Deep Survival:Who lives and Who dies" uses examples of carrier landings and other survival situations to show that sometimes our 'impulse to survive' almost insures our death. The survivor is one who can remain calm and override initial impulse. Best 'non-trading' book for traders I have found.

Near the same subject is:
    "Mean Markets and Lizard Brains"
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/04...ref=sr_1_1/102-1143071-8484944?_encoding=UTF8
    How the brain is 'hard wired' to work against investors (and traders). The introduction and summary chapters are good the middle of the books is weak. But still some good points.

Good luck,

#11     Feb 8, 2006
  2. What a loser's gimmick.
    It's sufficient to understand how to make money!
    :D

#12     Feb 8, 2006
  3. Spoken like a loser

#13     Feb 8, 2006
  4. For all the sorry ass folk here who get duped time and again into going down the futile path to riches in trading, I reveal to you the super duper secret known, up to now, only to the inner circle of traders: The indicator par excellence of a person's ability to trade is not in the genes but in the face. Yes, that's right, the determinant of your success in trading is in the shape of your mug!

For example, a round forehead is an indication of an individual who has no "hesitation in pulling the trigger." A long forehead with a narrow chin is an indication the person will suffer from "wrong entry, often at high price for long and low price for short."

Thick, bulbous nose ends belong to persons who have "persistent doubt about making trading decisions because of past losses." Sharp-tipped noses belong to people with a "lack of patience in holding winning trades." And finally, rounded, large, obtuse noses belong to people who have a problem with "losses outnumbering gains."

So forget buying all the shit pile of books, tapes, videos, questionnaires, coaching, etc. from people who can't make a living from the market. Your answer is in a $2 hand mirror from your local Walmart. You can thank me later.

:D

#14     Feb 8, 2006
  5. The lips of wisdom are sealed except to the ears of understanding

#15     Feb 8, 2006
  6. Personally I found the talk well worth the time.

As someone who went from calm rational end of day trading to sweaty palmed 3 minute trading and lost all of my discipline I think there is a lot to learn here.

Then, this morning I got the latest email from www.innerworth.com and thought that if you were new (or just still working on yourself) to this game the ideas here could be used to implement some of the concepts in the voice file.

#16     Feb 9, 2006
  7. romik

romik

8. tango29

tango29

Has anybody followed up and tried his services? Were they worth it or more hocus pocus in the commodity field? From what I've gathered quite a few successful and not successful traders utilize shrinks, psychologists and such throughout their careers, so the idea that he maybe helpful isn't so far fetched. But as with everything in trading it'd be nice to get 1st hand accounts of people who have used the services, as opposed to the usual ET naysayers who don't actually trade, but have an opinion on everything trading related.

#18     Oct 2, 2007
  9. You must be refering to stocks, I seem to remember reading that success in bond trading went by weight.

#19     Oct 2, 2007
  10. maxpi

maxpi

Thanks for the link!!

I'm type one all the way... and addicted to coffee, not a pretty picture sometimes.. a grinder style of trading suits me, very rule oriented, with a worksheet with check marks, etc... It took me years just to get a system together that was profitable... there was no other way for me at all, throw me in a trading pit and I would be broke in a week.

#20     Oct 3, 2007