Bright vs. Genesis vs. Tuco vs. xEcho ?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jimclark, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Who charges like that? Just curious as i have never heard of that before. That to me would be called per fill, not per ticket.

#21     Sep 12, 2007
  2. Most of the "discount" retail brokers still do. Scottrade for $7.00, but most fail to realize that their average order size is about 150 shares. Sure, some may trade 5,000 at a time, but if the average is 150 or so, then how many trade 100 shares? How many trade odd lots?

I checked TDAmeritrade's site too:

Stocks and Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs)

Trade Unlimited Shares (market or limit) Price Internet $9.99
    Interactive Voice Response (IVR) Telephone System $34.99
    Broker-assisted $44.99

When an order is partially executed over multiple trading days, the order is subject to a separate commission charge for each trading day.

Most of the pro firms use per share pricing these days.

Don

#22     Sep 12, 2007
  3. Thx Don, just wanted to clarify as part of your previous post dealt with pershare broker dealer comments (Prop/Pro industry) and then the next part with shabby internet retail outlets, so i was not sure who you were referring too.

#23     Sep 12, 2007
  4. Are there any Genesis Reps here? Please PM me.

#24     Sep 13, 2007

5. I've traded with Echo remote for a long time.

-commissions very low

-training...none that i know of for remote

-customer support..very good. "G" is the best operations master in propland. the tech support is great..although i rarely have problems

-trading freedom, not sure what you mean by that

-leverage..very good

I give them two big thumbs up. (I have no agenda).

P.S. Does Bright really charge those fees? holy Sh*t! whoever's taking that deal needs their head examined.

#25     Sep 13, 2007
  6. jd7419

jd7419

Fees are very important guys. Don't let anyone tell you different. When I first started trading 8 years ago at broadway trading I was paying 2 cents a share(ouch). Anyway I negotiated rates lower along my career based on volumes. I am NEVER happy with my rates and am always looking to negotiate them lower.

I don't want to bash Don here but imo 1 cent on the first 1000 is just too much even for a brand new trader. I would say that anything above.004 to .005 cents a share is too much and experienced traders should look for much lower.

Example 1= Trader Jim grosses $230,000 on 20,000,000 shares for the year. With a .01 rate and assuming $15,000 in sec fees his net profit would be $15,000. (I know brights rates are lower than this I am just making an example of a high commissions vs low).

Example 2 = Trader Bob grosses $230,000 on 20,000,000 shares for year. With a .004 rate his net profit including $15,000 sec fees = $135,000.

Commisions really are more important than most things in this business. As long as you are dealing with a reputable firm with a vpn connection and a good manager( there are about 6 of them I can think of off hand), I would advise you to get your commisions as low as possible.

#26     Sep 13, 2007
  7. I've been using Ameritrade iZone for the last couple of years... $5 bucks a trip regardless of #shares. Haven't had any issue's so far and orders are filled quickly... I might look into IB to see if I can squeeze a little more profit margin... but overall, happy with iZone.

#27     Sep 13, 2007
  8. just curious. what makes most traders pay the higher fees with bright trading? is it just for the leverage they offer? its always been a mystery, their model on comm has not changed with the industry, anyone know?

#28     Sep 13, 2007
  9. Im guessing stability, quality of products and services offered, and potential for personal and business growth.

#29     Sep 14, 2007
  10. By trading freedom I mean...trading whatever you want whenever you want. For example not to be told to trade certain stocks only (ie NAZ, blue chip,) trade certain lots..(ie. 200/shares per lot).

#30     Sep 14, 2007