Bright vs. Genesis vs. Tuco vs. xEcho ?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jimclark, Sep 9, 2007.

1. GGSAE

GGSAE

That would be nice to see, there's a huge pool of talent of Ontario traders...keep us posted with the developments Don.

#101     Sep 20, 2007
  2. Will do, help me get another 100 emails, that will really help the cause for all of you guys, and yes, even my "competition."

We've been registered in BC for a decade or more, I just don't get it.

Don

#102     Sep 20, 2007
  3. We are now approved by our Exchange and Goldman Sachs to "go global" - we have a dozen or so office/inquiries from China, Europe, and the Middle East. We have traders is many Countries, but no actual affiliates yet.

Who benefits? I get 100 or more inquiries (per year) from traders looking for an alternative to the Swift business model, who want to keep 100% of their profits and learn new, longer term (overnight) strategies, and this is just from Toronto people. An alternative, as you always say, is a good thing, LOL.

We tried in Xiamen China, but had trouble getting traders to pass the S7, but with all this renewed interest, heck I'll pay a tutor to go over there to help, LOL.

Let's get those cards and letters coming.

Don

:) :)

#103     Sep 20, 2007
  4. hey don, sounds good, you said you wanted to travel when you retired. maybe this is a way to do that sooner, go get em tiger. lol.. not busting your chops.. just joking.. all positive news..

#104     Sep 20, 2007
  5. One interesting question:

What is the down side of having Series 7 license? I understand certain fees/higher will apply...but what else other than that?

Thanks.

#105     Sep 24, 2007
  6. birdman

birdman

Did you learn your skills at one of the Bright Training Bootcamps / classes or elsewhere?

#106     Dec 1, 2007
  7. Midas

Midas

Birdman,

I learned how to trade at another firm (mostly taught myself). I trade my method mostly, but am always adding new things into the mix, the more the strategies I learn the better . I like the operation and trust the owners.

I have been to the 3 day orientation class but nothing else. There is a 2 to 4 week boot camp in Vegas, and there are some very successful traders in Canada that teach Pairs Trading. For a fee. There are also programers that will help you automate strategies.

Several of the guys that I traded with at my previous firm trade remotely through Bright and everyone is happy with it.

#107     Dec 1, 2007
  8. GGSAE

GGSAE

Although Don is always 'pimping' out the pairs strategy (with good reason), there are a number of profitable and very good traders in Bright. The good thing about a firm like this is that there are options open to find the right fit for you (strategy, trading timeframe, ect.) with a genuine desire to see their traders succeed.

#108     Dec 2, 2007
  9. lazy9

lazy9

Hi Jim,
    It depends on how many shares do you trade a day and what style do you use...
    These answers help a firm set a base commission for you and what Leverage to extend to you...

#109     Dec 3, 2007