Bright Vs Echo

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by hotlanta, Apr 28, 2002.

1. VOLUME

VOLUME

Not all of the large firms offices are trading 12 million shares a month.

Are you serious? Even a "tiny" office, say ten people in a 1500-2000 sq. foot space must be doing at least that number?

#31     Apr 29, 2002
  2. InyOutty

InyOutty

I hate mud-chucking as much as the next guy, but please remember 3 things when you're slapping wrists over "personal attacks":

(1) Your standards must apply to everyone--EVEN THE SPONSORS OF THIS BOARD

(2) You should take the time to read the posts of the members who provoke the "personal attacks" before you jump the gun. A little research quite often uncovers the suspect and antagonistic nature of many prominent members posts on this board.

(3) Not all "personal attacks" are without merit. The slope is slipery when you start censoring to save someone's reputation or edit someone's "tone."

If you want to turn this into a church chat or sponsor-protected venue then that's your choice. But the free rebuttals of individuals who aren't afraid to challenge the institutions of this board are the best checks and balances system I know of, and the only reason many people tune in to this station.

#32     Apr 29, 2002
  3. VOLUME

VOLUME

You have a great future in law if trading doesn't work out for you.:)

#33     Apr 29, 2002
  4. Magna

Magna Administrator

InyOutty,

As your note was posted here, and I am the moderator of the Professional Firms forum, I'll take this opportunity to address your concerns.

Absolutely, but to be truthful I have yet to see representatives of EchoTrade, Bright Trading, Leiber & Weissman, TerranovaOnline, Interactive Brokers, etc. stoop to personal attacks. Sure, they get frustrated when the same questions are asked over and over, also when they are the recipients of mud-slinging, but I don't see them telling people to "grow up", or calling people "idiots", etc. If that were to happen on this forum, I would apply the same standards to them.

I may disagree with certain sponsors relentless marketing, etc. but they pay for that privilege and if it bothers you please tune it out as best you can. And I rarely see anything that passes for their so-called antagonistic nature....unless failing to answer a question, or answering a question in a manner that is unacceptable to the questioner can be considered antagonistic. Again, I read ALL posts on this forum.

I am not editing or censoring to save someone's "reputation". But I disagree with you regarding personal attacks; on this forum they are all without merit. And that also goes for commentary from members directed at other members, not just at sponsors.

I welcome the rebuttal of individuals and the challenging of institutions. And I agree, that provides an excellent checks 'n balances to individual and corporate excess. But that does not require personal attacks, and that is the sole issue I was addressing.

#34     Apr 29, 2002
  5. You are always so cunningly funny, Don. [​IMG]

#35     Apr 30, 2002
  6. what exactly is Don's agenda in every post?

ha ha ha

#36     Apr 30, 2002
  7. 1)1500 x 15= $22,500 monthly rent,not $1,900.
    2)I know firms that will not charge you any monthly desk fee,if you trade say a million shares a month.

#37     Apr 30, 2002
  8. Vinny.

$15/sq ft would be per annum, therefor monthly rent would be (1500 x 15)/12 = $1875/mth.

#38     Apr 30, 2002
  9. I would like to know how someone goes about getting in touch with Echo. I have emailed twice and left a message on Jeff Dewitts answering machine both several days ago to no avail. I emailed Don and got a response within the day. Doesn't leave me with many options, just wondering if anyone else gets the same treatment from Echo.

#39     May 1, 2002
  10. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

check ur mailbox!!!!

#40     May 1, 2002