Bright Trading's new payout model

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Maverick74, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Does it matter? GS determined the number. How does GS determine how much they want to ass rape their clients on OTC transactions? Maybe they just pull the number out of a hat every time a client calls for a quote on a 5 year 6% floating rate Brazilian bond denominated in Euros that converts into a MBS when long term rates hit 7% or when it starts raining in Chile whichever comes first.

#11     Jul 29, 2010
  2. but with all that pressure wont every clearing firm do the same? Does it matter where you move?

#12     Jul 29, 2010
  3. Who's the 20% go to? Bright? Goldman? If it is to Bright, why does Goldman care what the payout is?

#13     Jul 29, 2010
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

I doubt it. There are huge differences between all the clearing firms. They all have their own specialties. GS has always been tight. In their defense, they have by far the best global operation and are the most capitalized.

#14     Jul 29, 2010
  5. slacker

slacker

So if there is no difference going forward as far as payout for all clearing firms, and 80% payout is common then futures trading and possibly forex is a better option? What are you looking at Maverick? Are you giving up on prop trading, or just going to take a hit as all clearing firms are going the same way?

#15     Jul 29, 2010
  6. t0pd0g

t0pd0g

Maybe that's why Don has only posted 3 times in the last month. Pretty strange for a guy that used to post 3 times an hour!

#16     Jul 29, 2010
  7. I'm unclear. You're saying prop firms not clearing with Goldman can still pay 100% but those clearing with Goldman, like Bright, can only pay 80% even to the top guys? That sounds strange. Why would anyone stay if they now have to give up 20%? Won't everybody just go somewhere they can keep 100%?

#17     Jul 29, 2010
  8. I guess the yellow banner ad at the top is about to change :confused:

#18     Jul 29, 2010
  9. jnorty

jnorty

Maverick the biggest trader with his own money in all the usa trades threw a firm that clears penson. they are set up as a hedge fund and have 300-400 traders.theres not an equal to him on the planet as far as a manual trader goes. so if him and his 400 traders find penson just fine i don't see why anyone would have to clear gs.anyone doing high vol is a fool using bright as its costing them $100's of thousands a year in commish.

#19     Jul 29, 2010
  10. Don, please come here and clarify

#20     Jul 29, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.