"Bright Trading"

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by habari, Jul 15, 2002.

1. vvv

vvv

i just happen to think that the huge majority of firms applying for fresh flesh are full of it, because the absolutely largest majority of their traders are losing more money than they are earning, and that less than maybe 5 % of their traders, if that, are earning more than the min. wage so it's basically a big rip of..

if they disagree with my assessment, let them bring up verifiable facts if they like, facts that may be verified by FORBES, TIME Magazine, the WASHINGTON POST, USA TODAY, etc, if they like, i won't have a problem with that as long as it's not just hot air but actually verifiable facts.

and, as long as they don't try their favourite evasion trick, hiding behind legal issues that have zero basis in reality. just mail the FTC, or the SEC with their recently acquired new powers.

cheers

#191     Aug 2, 2002
  2. nitro

nitro

Kewl!

nitro

#192     Aug 2, 2002
  3. Not sure I want to get involved further in this debate, but I couldn't help but point out that their numbers don't even add up.

from that link:

Positive Traders
    All 177

Manhattan 57
    Long Island 45
    Boca Raton 9
    Miami 22
    Atlanta 6
    Macon 1
    Remote 26
    California 0
    Colorado 1

That adds up to 167, not 177. They're off by 10, LOL!!

#193     Aug 5, 2002
  4. Macon is out of business, and they never update those numbers. Broadway is a sinking ship.

#194     Aug 5, 2002
  5. I think it is great that they are even willing to post stats like that. Note, they also refer to their traders as "customers" which also shows some honesty.

#195     Aug 5, 2002
  6. I thought I heard that Schonfeld bought Broadway? Can anyone confirm, give details?

Don

#196     Aug 5, 2002
  7. axehawk

axehawk

I thought Schoney was in financial trouble?

#197     Aug 6, 2002
  8. I've also heard Schony bought them. And I am also curious if anyone can confirm this.

#198     Aug 6, 2002