Bright Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by thecycle, Oct 11, 2005.

1. thecycle

thecycle

Does anyone know about commisions at Bright Trading?
    I know they have some flexiblity for different styles, but with 100% payout, they have to make money somewhere, right?

I currently pay $2.75 per thousand shares at much less payout. But I trade volume on the heavy side, around 400,000 shares per day and average about $3,000-5,000 in gross PL. Wondering if I could go to Bright and still be profitable.

Thanks for any input.

2. a cold day in h*** you'll get .00275 with bright. i think brights at $7.50 a thousand and has desk fee's if in there office. maybe a huge trader could get .005 or .006. why not ask bright who's on this board. brights a great co but i find it hard to belive many if any people paying $750 a day commissions trading 100k shares a day could make money. hell its hard to make money in this market at $2.75

3. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Hi,

Based on what you describe, I think we could definitely work a deal with you where you would be nicely profitable. If you want to discuss it, contact me.

Cash

4. r-in

r-in

Cash,
    Couple questions if you have time. I've been almost strictly a technical analysis person, mostly trading futures, and am wondering if Bright traders are strictly tape readers, or do you also use any technical analysis of the chart with indicators variety? Also wondering are the methods beyond opening orders more for scalping, or is it analyzing the tape to grab 0.10 - 0.20 or more?
    Thank you for your time

5. Be careful, lots of "fees" too, they charge you on top for using their capital.

6. cashonly

Bright traders come in all shapes, sizes, colors, strategies, and time frames! What I'm saying is that Bright traders are not "strictly" anything. We have traders that do nothing but T/A and we have traders that do nothing but tape reading. We have traders that scalp for pennies and traders that scoff at only taking pennies out of a trade. We have traders that only trade the most liquid and we have traders that trade some of the least liquid. We have traders that carry positions for seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and years. We have traders that make a nice living doing only what Bright teaches in their class, we have traders that make a nice living doing things they teach not to do in the class, and we have traders who make a nice living trading with strategies and styles that they have developed on their own and I have no idea how they work (only that they are not risky and they make money).

The thing to keep in mind is that Bright is a vehicle in our trader's roadmap. We provide the platform, the capital, and the support. If trader's have their own ideas they ware welcome to bring thme and apply our capital. If they have no ideas, they are welcome to learn from us and and use the ideas we have. It's up to the trader.

Hope this answers your question.

Cash

7. r-in

r-in

Yes it does answer my questions. Thank you very much, with all that is posted on here never know for sure.
    Thanks again!

8. I currenly hold my Series 7 and Series 3 and am interested in applying with a prop firm (like so many others). What minimum amount of risk capital must I put up to trade at Bright (or others) if I use their trading strategies?
    What minimum amount must I put up if I wish to use some of my own trading ideas?

9. cashonly

I can work with you on capital requirements whether it is for your own strategies or Bright's. We would need to talk, but a $5K-$10K initial capital would not be out of the question.

Contact me if you wish to pursue this further.

Cash

10. Serious inquiries should probably go to PM or emails, the preferred method for the discussion of details. Contact Cash directly, or feel free to contact me.

Thanks all.

Don

#10     Oct 13, 2005