Bright Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by beshbola, Nov 16, 2003.

1. beshbola

beshbola

To Avalanche: You should come back and read my threat over, maybe from second reading you will see that I stress only personal qualities of the management. You might want to consider taking a course of "reading comprehension."
    besides, I have 4 of my friends working for them, no complaints so far.
    Please, spare your time responding to this message. I will not waste my time any more answering to such pointless posts of your kind.
    Sincerely,
    Beshbola.

#11     Nov 18, 2003
  2. axehawk

axehawk

Its time for my bi-annual question to you when I ask if you've made any progress on getting licensed in Ontario, Canada (for remote trading purposes).

axe

#12     Nov 18, 2003
  3. AngryD

AngryD

I worked as a trader for 3 years before moving to Bright. I worked at Bright for 2 years. I left Bright because I was having too many system problems that seemed like they would never get fixed. I'm not sure if Redi has been more reliable in more recent times, but back then it was too slow between trading windows and the usual 7 AM melt down.

Their was also a couple of personal conflicts, but other than that Bob treated the traders well, and after I decided to move on they were very professional.

#13     Nov 19, 2003
  4. Well I don't want to goat you into responding, but maybe you should read my comments a second time as well, because I wasn't commenting on what you wrote, so much as I was commenting on the fact that you tried to formally "rate them" after commenting that you had never traded a day with them and suggested that you were not even sure if you were going to trade in an office or remote.

To me that suggested that just maybe you were new to this whole thing and weren't the best qualified trader to be rating a firm. Had nothing to do with BT. It had to do with your "FOR ALL PROFESSIONAL TRADERS THAT IS THE PLACE TO BE COMMENT".

As much as I like BT I found that a pretty strong statement to make considering that you haven't started trading with them yet.

Tell you what though, if do respond, let me ask you this, had you been able to formally rate them as you tried, how would you have rated the following based on your accumulated industry knowledge from your visitation experience: 1-5, 1 being bad, and 5 being excellent?

Quote & Execution Speed
    Range of Services
    Training & Tech Support
    Commissions & Fees
    Overall Reliability

#14     Nov 19, 2003
  5. With the activity the last couple of days, I missed this whole thread....but thank those who responded correctly (Bright = Good)...LOL

Even though most say good things, I will be perfectly honest about what I feel about the polls here on ET and other places. They are usually just bashing posts or kissing posts...very little real information of value... (don't get me wrong, I appreciate the kind words, and feel that BT works very hard to make our traders happy).

Rates = good (newbies) excellent for "seasoned traders"
    Stability = excellent
    platform (s) = excellent
    flexibility = excellent
    training = excellent (and continuing to improve...!!).

This is, of course, a bias view....but I would rather post it with my name on it, than have 50 people post it to the ET "ratings"....

Since we offer many alternatives, and try to "tailor" a package to the individual, we hope to make as many comfortable (and profitable) as possible...

Nothing more, nothing less.....

I'm sure most firm's will rate themselves about the same.... look for balance sheets, longevity, stability....the rest is constantly being modified.

Oh yeah, I forgot...

Humble Factor = Non-existent....LOL

Don :)

#15     Nov 20, 2003
  6. congradulations on a very good choice...

there will be things that will NOT be competitive, especially in the choice of locations to trade in their offices from, and the choice of the trading software platforms. Running any kind of system using SLK's Redi+ software is a bear. I suggest that you get the most robust P4 3+ Ghz WITH HyperT enabled. I also suggest that should you use a laptop at their offices, you similarly have a robust monster machine to crunch and handle the strains that the software places upon any machine.

They, as a company are the best, and I personally wich that I had run across them first instead of the other thieves in Brokers' Clothing that I started with.

My further advise is to learn, study and request from the companies that you trade, their annual reports and get used to understanding fundamental analysis and the actual components of earnings and how they effect the trading process that you will now be engaged in.

cheers

#16     Nov 20, 2003
  7. I guess it's ok to post a "thank you note" to everyone who came by the expo and to our office over the weekend. We had quite a turnout on Saturday evening...and I was pretty impressed with the questions that were being asked.

I want to thank Baron for coming by and "suffering through" yet another evening with Bob and I....at the office....entertaining his ET'ers and of course, his favorite sponsor. BTW, Baron, let's come up with a new ad...I'll send you something...

I'm debating as to whether to come to New York for the expo in February...but the turnout seemed promising here in Vegas.

Anyway, thanks for coming by to visit everyone!!

Don:)

#17     Nov 25, 2003
  8. Don,

Any truth in the rumor that Bright Trading still offers 1 month conversions?
    Inquiring minds want to know..

#18     Dec 4, 2003
  9. yeah, even I heard that they are verwy, verwy professional....

#19     Dec 4, 2003
  10. zdreg

zdreg

obviously he is the son of the ha ha ha's... which caused reading messages on stock chat boards to be a waster of time

#20     Dec 4, 2003