Bright Trading Webinar Next Week

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Don Bright, Feb 7, 2013.

1. ditto...can't wait

#11     Feb 10, 2013
  2. Alan

Alan

Hey don I tried to email you and pm you but it wouldn't let me I guess because I'm new. I heard you have a place in irvine. Can you pm me the address and number if you do? I really want to learn trading and so far I've been reading books and learning a lot about it

#12     Feb 11, 2013
  3. tango29

tango29

Can you post a link to the webinar? I can't attend. I have to pick up kids at the time of the webinar, but am interested to find out about has changed and offered.

#13     Feb 12, 2013
  4. ofthomas

ofthomas

I hope it will be recorded, I had issues with getting into it, so I will just wait for the recording.

#14     Feb 12, 2013
  5. tango29

tango29

I head out 10 minutes before markets close on the kids run, and don't get back from sports drop off, etc. until, well now. So, it would be nice if it were recorded and available.

#15     Feb 12, 2013
  6. mgrund

mgrund

I am interested, what do I get for my "Webinar"?

#16     Feb 12, 2013
  7. lwlee

lwlee

Seminar was very broad i.e. too general about HFT trading and how to save cost.

No real trading strategies. Waste of time.

#17     Feb 12, 2013
  8. If ANYTHING in that waste of time is news to you, then you are not ready to trade anything for real money.

These guys don't seem to realize that that there is nothing more certain than change.

I believe that If Bright had any concepts or training or trade decision support technologies that gave new traders even a 50/50 chance at trading success they could not keep it a secret and they would be opening new offices instead of closing all of the old ones.

The last Bright manager we heard about was the author of the fraud/debacle at Full Tilt Poker. Until Don gets that he must come up with some new ideas and new people with better ideas than Rob Friesen I think things will stay lonesome at Bright Trading.

IMO Until Don gets better at selecting people, methods and technologies he is just another high deposit, high juice, high fees bust out shop. And the only people he will attract are those most likely to fail.

Jack

#18     Feb 12, 2013
  9. logikos

logikos

I was a Bright Trader (remote) for a few years in the mid 2000's.

First, the positives:

Bright Trading is about a good of a place as any to leverage your capital for some serious buying power. Commission is average but monthly fees are steep. Their accounting and compliance departments are pretty top notch. As long as you are actively trading and not getting over-extended, they pretty much leave you alone to do your own thing.

Secondly, the negatives:

The Bright brothers are jackasses. I am not going to publicize examples, but that is the way it is.

You won't learn any real strategies from the classes. Playing the open and reading the tape are fool's games, more like gambling than trading.

Their technical training was extremely poor. They teach just enough to ensure losses.

But the truth of their business was revealed in their "training", doing live trading in front a class of bored retirees and other beginners. Trading 1000-5000 shares a pop to ring up big trade results, designed to entice. Charging for their initial 3-day class is good marketing... the attendees already have something invested in them and are more likely to sign up than if it were free.

BOTTOM LINE

If you are a active seasoned trader with a working strategy but need more capital, then they are pretty good. If you are looking to learn, you won't find enough education here to keep you from burning through your 25K.

#19     Feb 15, 2013
  10. lwlee

lwlee

When you are constantly surrounded by waves of new traders trying to strike it rich (most of who will lose), you probably become indifferent to them at some point.

Bob Bright has always been cordial on this site so I can only go by that. Jackasses to me are guys who wouldn't bother to spend the time and energy on this site. Timmay Sykes comes to mind.

As for their presentation, I will call out BS or even weak sh*t. The generalities in that presentation was pretty weak.

Compare that to Steve Spencer's (SMB) videos, he sounds like someone who is actually trading.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VY6d6rLcaKw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#20     Feb 15, 2013