Bright Trading Training Class

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Eugene, Jun 2, 2001.

1. Brian,

I don't know what firm yet but I'm starting to see a Series 7 in my future.

Best regards,
    Jim

#21     Jun 5, 2001
  2. Eugene

Eugene

Robert,

Don't get me wrong, I still believe what he said, but it's really not relevant to this thread. I should't have brought it up.

Regards

#22     Jun 5, 2001
  3. Eugene

Eugene

Bryan,

When I was at the training class, they only talked about T1's. That's interesting. I'm meeting with the manager here in Detroit this week and will try and discuss this point. Thanks for the heads up.

Regards

#23     Jun 5, 2001
  4. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

eugene,

they do use T-1's for redi, but to the best of my knowledge they use satellite feeds for their quote provider(hyperfeed/first alert) in most of their offices. i think not too long ago they were using isdn lines in some of their offices. overall they are a pretty good firm, let us know what you find out in Detroit. Good Luck!

#24     Jun 6, 2001
  5. all sattelite feeds have 500 milliseconds lag.

#25     Jun 6, 2001
  6. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

well i don't know about the lag time but i do know weather can play havoc with reception.

#26     Jun 6, 2001
  7. exce26

exce26

Anybody finished Bright trading class & join the team?
    If so, how are you doing at Bright trading?

#27     Jun 25, 2001
  8. awesome statements. frequently I've noticed that after one of those earth moving experiences (read training sessions) one is aglow with the spirit, as you were.

I will probably schedule them into my outlines as a result of your comments.

What types of trading do you do? Was their approach dually futures and stocks or stocks only?

#28     Jun 27, 2001
  9. p2

p2

Hmmm.... Seems like an odd thing to do since a satellite feed is slower than an ISDN line. More bandwidth but much slower.

#29     Jun 27, 2001
  10. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

i'm sorry, i didn't make my previous statement clear. they used isdn lines(in some offices) for redi access and quotes, but when they switched from track data to hyperfeed they went to satellite feeds just for the quote data and continued to use isdn for order entry. this is not necessarily the set up in all offices and may only be in a few as far as isdn use is concerned. my concern with the satellite feed is not speed but dependability or lack of depending on weather conditions.

#30     Jun 28, 2001