Bright Trading class

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by swingtrader101, Feb 4, 2002.

1. one of the best classes that I've attended, ever. Well worth the trip, the cost, the hotel experiences in Las Vegas, and the class activities. The highlight is when the students split up into groups and come in premarket (given that LV is 2+hrs behind NYC) and see how the OOO's (opening orders only) work. The other highlight is when the class gets together for the Thursday night dinner. The other highlight are the presentations from real traders (from different offices) that speak about their accomplishments and methods that they use within the Bright framework.

I'm intentionally leaving a lot of details blank, so that you'll fill them in yourself; because the best investment is education, and the better investment is education of yourself.

Cheers

#31     Feb 20, 2002
  2. You're hired Limit!!! Thanks for the above, and we will keep doing our best to get traders headed in the right direction.

Question for everyone. I am thinking about doing an advanced "Trader Retreat" thing, perhaps a 3 day weekend, have several distinct workshops about more advanced strategies, and then actually doing some trading with everyone on the Monday after the weekend. Perhaps pick a nice rural place (with decent broadband)...limit it to 25 or 30, bring some top traders....keep costs low... Sort of a way to share information away from the stress of the office....

Any thoughts?? Any interest??

#32     Feb 20, 2002
  3. nitro

nitro

I would be interested - I would like to see you, or Bob, or Earl trade for a whole day (minus dead zone) as part of it though - really see you get tired.

nitro

#33     Feb 20, 2002
  4. LelandC

LelandC

Don,

I too would be interested in your "weekend retreat."

Leland

#34     Feb 20, 2002
  5. Don,

You're starting to take this Director of Education position seriously! :cool:

Anytime I can further my trading education with workshops on advanced strategies and 'hands on' training from top traders , I'm interested.

Jerry

#35     Feb 20, 2002
  6. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

A weekend retreat of just advanced stuff (above and beyond the basic class) would be excellent!

If you could do one on the East Coast as well, that would be even better!

Having traders watch you trade those strategies live would give a great insight to the class.

#36     Feb 20, 2002
  7. DaveN

DaveN

Don,

The class sounds like a great idea. I'd would definitely be interested!

I'd be curious how many people would be interested in Phoenix as a venue? There's plenty of great places for meetings, accomodations are not outrageous (unless you plan on staying at the Phoenician and playing a few rounds of golf this time of year!), lots of stuff to do outside of class, the Phoenix office, and there's broadband all over the city. I'd guess most of the hotels or conference centers ought to be able to accomodate that request.

The best part about Phoenix is flying in. If you get a Southwest flight, it's very reasonable to fly in and out of Phoenix.

Would anyone else favor Phoenix?

Don, how about price? Here's just my idea on pricing: if I'm figuring correctly, your week-long class works out to $200 per day. So a two day event with a third day of trading would be a great deal at $400 to $450. Even $375-$350 would be awesome.... <grin, just plugging for that good value>.

I'm not trying to be pushy on this; I think it's a good idea, and I'd like to see it take shape.

Dave Nadeau
    Fort Collins, CO
    (a cold Coloradoan who loves skiing but wouldn't mind a bit of warmth and sunshine this time of year....)

#37     Feb 21, 2002
  8. Phoenix sounds good, I will look at a calendar and make some calls. I will make this easy on the pocketbook since it is "beta test" - April would be a good month, not too hot, after tax day perhaps....

I have several personal emails already, so keep them coming....and if any Phoenix types have a suggestion for the venue..let's hear it....

#38     Feb 21, 2002
  9. nitro

nitro

Don, if the idea is to do this in a nice place, why not choose something like, Malibu CA, or Boca, or La Jolla, or Miami, or somewhere in Mexico? I might at least be able to talk my wife and five year old to go there!?

If the idea is to do it at a Bright office, then why choose a more central location, like Chicago, etc.

nitro

#39     Feb 22, 2002
  10. My original idea was to NOT have it near an office, use the laptop for Monday trading, and kick back a bit....Phoenix is really not a bad idea, inexpensive enough...and we may expand the idea to So. Florida...and I love Mexico!!

I have about 10 guys who sent me personal emails...and, if I can get 20 or so willing to join me on the first one, then we can plan new locations.

I think that by focusing on more advanced strategies, and holding a few focused and detailed (short, hour or two) sessions, we can have fun and all learn from it.

Each weekend could focus on different ideas, have different speakers along, etc. Hey, we gotta have some fun with all this!!
    So come on, let's get 10 more people and do it....

#40     Feb 22, 2002