Bright Trading and Other Pro Shops?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by vonk, Feb 15, 2001.

1. NJTrader

NJTrader

I was reading one of Bright Trading's brochures. In the brochure it stated "The standard plan allows the trader to only risk $25,000 of their own capital. There are other plans available, and internships are offered" Does anyone know what the other plans are to trade with Bright? Or does it just sound good for the brochure.

#31     Feb 1, 2002
  2. All you had to do was ask...:)

We have internship programs in a dozen Universities around the country, and we bring on new people on a case-by-case basis. We have a "low cash" program where traders who lack capital can come to Vegas and learn to trade from here, under our tutorship with less than the full capital. We have the flexiblity to offer various programs, but we want to be assured that both the trader and the firm have the best mix. Feel free to call to discuss.

#32     Feb 2, 2002
  3. Don-
    Yes or no...if I wanted to be a remote Bright Trader and start out with 15k...do I have to take your course for $1,000 bucks?

#33     Feb 4, 2002
  4. Yes you do since our regulators require it. The beginning $$ is $25K (as it is for all traders).

Let me ask why you want to be "waived" from the training, and I might be able to make an exception to the exchange ruling (need a really good reason, 2 years on a trading floor, $250K tax returns, something like that might do it).

#34     Feb 4, 2002
  5. Don-
    Thanks for your prompt reply.
    I wasn't saying I wanted to be waived from taking the course. I'm deciding on a pro firm. Someone told me about this requirement at Bright and I just wanted to confirm its veracity.
    Uptik2000

#35     Feb 4, 2002
  6. Would you clarify something for me? I thought I read (probably on your web site or here on this board) that the minimum capital contribution was lowered to 15k. Is this correct or am I thinking of another firm? Thanks!

Best regards,
    Jim

#36     Feb 4, 2002
  7. The minimum is $25K for the standard plan (we allow existing traders to withdraw profits as long as there is $15K in their trading accounts, that may have been part of the confusion). We have made exceptions for internship programs in our corporate offices, or through some of the Universities.

#37     Feb 4, 2002