Bright Slashes Rates for 2010.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Don Bright, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Are Bright's rates lower than those of Interactive Brokers ?

#11     Dec 10, 2009
  2. #12     Dec 10, 2009
  3. Very similar now (at IB, depends on share size, account size etc. I think), but not apples to apples since our traders have use of our capital and the other benefits involved.

Don

#13     Dec 10, 2009
  4. >300K shrs per month is .002 at IB. You have a strange definition of "similar" Don.

Of course you could just clink on the link and see for yourself.

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/commission.php

#14     Dec 10, 2009
  5. Fractal

Fractal

For the known quality of Bright, I would seriously consider this. Before it hasn't been on the table for me. Might have to put a cost-benefit spreadsheet together.

I'd imagine others share the same perspective. Probably the right way to go -- cheers for that!

#15     Dec 10, 2009
  6. Thanks, we're really trying. And, FWIW, I have sent traders who are willing to use $2million or so of their own capital to my friends at IB.

(And thanks for the PM's and Emails...there's "more" that we can chat about on the phone as well).

All the best,

Don

#16     Dec 10, 2009
  7. GGSAE

GGSAE

#17     Dec 10, 2009
  8. The man said similar rates as IB, just keeping it real. :)

#18     Dec 10, 2009
  9. Still overpriced @ Bright and have they ever added a good futures platform or ever access to the asset class that is growing 20 -30 percent each year? Nope and I know why as margins are not there as they are in lending and stock financing business. Your short stock rebate level is also double of what most get with good fair firms.

If Anyone want rates down to 2/1000 and even lower for ATS plus access to Options and Futures and Currency, I can refer you to a group with JBO's at ML. GS and Penson and 5-6 front ends that will provide service and value added to the pro-trader who wants to scale up their small fund or personal account. PM me if you want more info.

#19     Dec 10, 2009
  10. GGSAE

GGSAE

Okay, i never defended Bright's rates in the past :) And i'm very happy to get this break (even though i had this seasoned rate), but i think it's something Bright needed to do.

#20     Dec 10, 2009