Bright questions

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by JulieFL99, Feb 27, 2002.

1. everyone could post a picture if they wanted I guess...funny one's are better
    like one taken on christmas eve , after too many martini's, visiting your parent's house, knowing that your Mother is gonna bug the hell out of you to stand by the tree so she can take your picture...so you go and put on the stupidist looking outfit you can find...then only to realize you really do look stupid

#31     Mar 1, 2002
  2. Uptick,
    You are too funny! (and I must say, very...very....very self-confident!). That's GREAT!

Keep it up....Are you a millionaire, yet? what is it that you actually visualize, on a daily basis (besides having a profitable P&L)?:D

#32     Mar 1, 2002
  3. Martha-
    Thanks. I try to have fun in everything I do. If's its not fun, why do it?
    As far as visualization goes...I think it's important to visualize everything you want to improve. I've always been able to pick up things quickly and it wasn't until a few years ago that I realized I have been using visualization my whole life.
    My new life goal is to learn 3-5 new things every year. In the last few years I have self taught myself to : play guitar, snowboard,golf,trade profitably...and some other things :)

So again, before the trading day begins I visualize what set-ups I'm going to take..where my stops and targets will be in those set ups
    When I get off a chair lift I visualize the line I'll take down the mountain.
    Around 3:55pm today I'll visualize how I'll bring that pint glass up to my lips! :) And how I'll enjoy those New Castle's soooo much
    Damn I love Friday's!
    No, I'm not a millionaire yet...and honestly i don't even think about that. I just do what I do and if at some point I have that much $..I'll probably just throw a big party and invite all the ET memebers too!

#33     Mar 1, 2002
  4. Down in Orlando, getting ready for East Coast manager's meeting....I just think it's great that this thread evolved quickly into some fun stuff......

Martha, you take your Series7 yet??

Small opening today (trading via AOL in hotel room) wide envelope, made $300...not bad....

Have a good weekend!!

#34     Mar 1, 2002
  5. I haven't taken the seven, yet. I will inform the world when I ace that exam. It won't be too long. My second job is keeping me busy enough.

#35     Mar 4, 2002
  6. Eldredge

Eldredge

Don,

I am a little ignorant about margin/haircut charges, and I'm not totally clear about the information on your web sight. If I have $100k equity, and I am long $400k of various stocks and short $420k of various stocks overnight, how would my margin/haircut charges be calculated. Also, how are your margin limits set - do they vary from one trader to another? Thanks in advance for the information.

#36     Mar 4, 2002
  7. There would be no "haircut" charges in the above scenerio at all. If you take the total "long $$" minus the total "short $$" (= or - 20%), and get xx times your equity, then you plug in the numbers on the "fees" page of the website.

I will be glad to discuss any details with you, just call me. 800.249.7488

#37     Mar 5, 2002
  8. elcid

elcid

Don, I want to make sure I understand completely the answer to my last post. Am I right in thinking that I would get all data feeds and Redi for FREE if I trade 200,000 shares per month? And, confirm for me if you charge ANY other fees.

#38     Mar 6, 2002
  9. The new "Bright-at-Home" trader has their $200 fee rebated when they trade only 200K per month. We do not charge any ECN fees at all (for any traders).

You get the data feeds straight from SIAC so there is no delay. You are also given full Redi Plus for execution. I think you will find the complete package as good a deal as you can find anywhere.

#39     Mar 6, 2002
  10. I know from another post that Bright charges an additional $50 if you want Level 2 (which I don't know who doesn't), I don't know at what point that becomes free. I do know that Echo's software is also free at 200,000 shares and includes Level 2 if that helps you.

#40     Mar 6, 2002