Bright questions

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by JulieFL99, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Yannis

Yannis

Julie,

I'm a trader, I don't trade at Bright (or any other firm) and have joined this board to exchange ideas and information about trading.

I have found Don's posts very informative and useful, often funny, always light. I would rather he not stop contributing what he knows best (proprietary trading). And this goes for some other members here, either very experienced traders or people involved in the trading business. For example, Tony Oz, David Nassar, Threei, et al. That information is vital for me. I also enjoy having the opportunity to interact with these experienced and open professionals.

And if I sometimes don't feel like learning, or talking, about proprietary trading, I go to another thread. :)

#11     Feb 27, 2002
  2. I understand your comments about the firms competing with one another (often in a quite vicious way, that I try to stay away from)...please understand that the initial reason for coming on this board was to clear up some really horrible things being spread about by competitors and discruntled traders....and please believe me when I say that a good portion of my "participation" is intended to help out, not promote.

Your questions reminded of the initial days when all sorts of "mudslinging" and bashing was going on, and I probably responded poorly.

No hard feelings, ok?

:)

#12     Feb 27, 2002
  3. lol...yeah Don, generally speaking I always thought one should never use pictures on promotional items unless it was going to help...and in your case it does not.

#13     Feb 27, 2002
  4. I have a " great face for radio!!""

#14     Feb 27, 2002
  5. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

As you chose to present this in an open forum, I feel the need to reply in an open forum.

I try very hard not to "tout". If you look at my posts:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=17355
    You will see that I always try to provide solid, useful information, real-life experience, and when someone ASKS a question about Bright, I give as straight-forward, factual answer as I can.

But you have the link to my posts here (in the above paragraph), so please do me a favor (and I'm serious about this) post the ones where I am touting (or even private message me on them). I'd like to know what is considered touting as I don't want to do that.

Regarding what you wear while trading: As the remote manager I'm also not in an office (better to understand the situations people have trading remotely). So, I probably wear something similar to what you do... let's just say that I usually can't answer the door in what I wear at my desk.:D

Also, I noticed you haven't responded about the webcam questions. I, on the other hand, don't have qualms about just 1 picture, so you can check out me trading at home:
    http://66.96.213.147/RoguesGallery/CashAtHome.jpg
    But I include a PARENTAL ADVISORY as I have multiple PC's, it was taken on a hot day, and I'm wearing very little clothing trying to keep cool (also, there's a cute girl in the picture with me!) so, regarding the picture, you've been warned.:eek:

#15     Feb 27, 2002
  6. Yannis

Yannis

Great picture Cash - absolutely love it!!! Bravo!

#16     Feb 27, 2002
  7. The problem, for me, is that for every "promotional" type post there are a dozen posts slamming the poster. I would much rather read 1 spam than a dozen antispams. There is a simple solution and that is if the post is selfpromoting or advertising a site DO NOT RESPOND TO IT!!!! Within a day the thread will be gone. When this type of post appears within an established thread, IGNORE IT!!!!

P.S. Please

#17     Feb 27, 2002
  8. I completely agree with Easyrider. If we all completely ignore the spam posts they will be buried very quickly. I will do my part and refrain from adding to these threads.

#18     Feb 27, 2002
  9. Pabst

Pabst

I'm hardly a newbie. Been trading for 19 years (yikes!). But here in Chi-town prop trading in futures world is nonexistent (only options traders get "backed"). Thus reading in detail about leveraged opportunities that I never knew about is an epiphany. Don, Gene, Robert (with his great pedigree), Vito (right here in Chicago), and even (maybe especially) Hitman bring in my view much added value and insight to this board. I bet there is more then 1 guy (or gal) who went prop after reading one of these posts who is now trading comfortably and profitably.

#19     Feb 27, 2002
  10. Cesko

Cesko

That's funny, I am actually starting to enjoy the spam too.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

#20     Feb 27, 2002