Bright Meeting and Elite...

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Don Bright, Mar 2, 2002.

1. janko

janko

Hey GWB, yes you do need to retake the exam, if your series 7 is not transfered to a broker or a financial instituion within 2 years i believe the license expires. Please correct me on this if i'm wrong. thnx

#11     Mar 4, 2002
  2. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

it all depends on the exchange the firm is a member of. i know the philly at one time grandfathered series 7's. the P-coast might but you would have to call echo to find out. i think van buren is a member of the philly still. Vinny or Gene would definitely know!!!

#12     Mar 5, 2002
  3. axehawk

axehawk

I've asked Van Buren about this and Vito said that because they're a member of the PHLX that you would be grandfathered in. I know Bright used to be a member of the PHLX but I'm not sure if they still are.

ax:D

#13     Mar 5, 2002
  4. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

Bright was a member of the philly but transferred to the chicago because the philly started charging $500 a year(per trader) membership fee's. i do not believe the chicago exchange grandfathers the 7............hey, if you follow up on this let us know what you find.

#14     Mar 5, 2002
  5. Sure. The "Bright-at-Home" package is $200 per month (refunded in total if you trade only 200K shares/mo.). You get full RediPlus, including data feeds and a complete "dde link" (which allows for customized spread sheets, graphs, etc.). We also provide a "Bright Quotes" page/software as a "starter kit" for you display (quotes, spoo chart, pair tracking, opening orders, etc.).

I think it's a pretty good package.

#15     Mar 5, 2002
  6. ericdh

ericdh

If I am not mistaken Chicago stock exchange also charges $500.

If this isn't correct please let me know :eek:

#16     Mar 5, 2002
  7. Yes, they do now (since they got a few hundred traders from us alone). Philly went to $1,000 per trader, so we moved to Chicago where it was zero...then Philly came back down, and Chicago went up...now they are back to the same pricing. There are some trade-offs, but we like it where we are at this point.

#17     Mar 5, 2002
  8. ericdh

ericdh

The Chicago also gives the advantage of not requiring you(prop/prof firms) to hold a traders money for 1 year if he leaves also, which is pretty important imo :)

#18     Mar 5, 2002
  9. Don,

Does the $200 remote monthly charge cover Nasdaq Level 2, or is that extra? If so, how much?

Thanks.

#19     Mar 5, 2002
  10. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

The $200/mo remote charge covers NYSE and S&P futures. For full NASDAQ L2 it's an extra $50/mo.

#20     Mar 5, 2002