Bright Desk Fees?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by C Robinson, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Of course you are bored with it. So is everyone who has gone through the process.

What isn't boring about trading after you do it long enough?

However, what about the new people who poke their heads in to the Forum from time to time?

Don't they deserve the benefit of an anti-agent to Don's never ending marketing and "paid sponsor" posts?

#81     Dec 2, 2002
  2. I've got nothing against Don. I'm just trying to keep things real around here. When someone steps up to badmouth others and assume a holier than thou stance, I like to step in and be the voice of reason in an industry of hyperbole and half-truths. Just trying to protect the newbies!

For the record, it doesn't matter who Optional is. Just debate the issues!

The Newbie Advocacy Group

#82     Dec 2, 2002
  3. Actually got pretty busy....and since I'm in a "damned if I do, damned if I don't" situation here with my friend Mr. 777, I will just agree with him that I am a marketing genius and devote all my time to sucking in the unwary trader. That's what I do when I teach college classes for no money, and that's what I do when I answer a zillion questions every month from all sorts of people both in the magazine and out.

Anyway, I agree with most of you...you can all make your own decisions....and I am pretty sure that I am one of the few who opens up completely here....or when you call.

Living near Area 51, I'm pretty familiar with all the conspiracy theories that abound, but I really don't think that I am part of some greater force to bug anyone....sometimes a "cigar is just a cigar." (no Monica jokes)

It seems that everyone is being pretty reasonable here, and we have probably spent enough time on this for one session.

Hasta Manana

Don

#83     Dec 2, 2002
  4. The time I asked and others present, Bright did not have remote program
    Because most of them don't want to.

#84     Dec 2, 2002
  5. We have had remotes for a long time, but it has been only about 12 months that we have been authorized for expansion to 250 new "Bright-at-Home" traders (about half of them are now trading, with Cash Coyne at the helm. I know it's tough for the cynics, but if you really think about it, it makes sense for us to focus more on constantly updating our training (which my brother does for the advanced people), than to keep recruiting new people. Retention is more important than recruiting in most any organization. We simply try to "grow the industry" via our newbie training, and keep the firm strong with our boot camps and advanced training. Nothing to defend here, just a good working business model.

Don (with the Bright White Hat) lol

#85     Dec 2, 2002
  6. Don,

I'm curious what would I be charged If I were to switch to bright? I trade 30K per day from the PEN. I don't think I need any training, but if your throwing it in to increase my volume I'm willing to look into it.

IS Redi express available also?

#86     Dec 2, 2002
  7. We have REdiExpress, and your rates would be right around .9 cents per share (90 cents). The rates get better with rebates at about twice that volume.....at a million shares per month ( a bit less than our average volume), you get your seat fee back plus .10 cents per 1.00....not the cheapest, but it is all inclusive of ECN fees and ticket charges. If you're making $good money- trade any way you like, with our without additional training, we simply like everyone here to have the same advantages.

Don

Don

#87     Dec 2, 2002
  8. ler

ler

Would somebody please start a Triple-7 vs Don Celebrity Death Match thread? I haven't seen any desk fee discussion in the last dozens of posts. (I don't care enough to start the new thread myself. I thought this crap ended when the election was over.)

#88     Dec 2, 2002