Bright Desk Fees?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by C Robinson, Nov 8, 2002.

1. I thought you wanted to debate me Don? (see attached snapshot from chat log)

If the debate is just for fun, what does it matter if I am a "nut case?"

Wouldn't that be fun, you debating a nut case?

My bio?

I could say "former district attorney, or I could say former drug addict, or I could say postal worker."

What does it matter as long as I am able to debate, and win?

I don't understand what you are afraid of?

How would you even know that the bio I generate is real?

• log.jpg
      File size:
      59.1 KB
      Views:
    #51     Dec 2, 2002
  2. I do not represent a firm, or have a financial interest in these discussions with Don, but how do you know that I am telling you the truth when I say this?

#52     Dec 2, 2002
  3. Bullet

Bullet

777, I trade with a group of guys. We all trade our own accounts. I enjoy being around honest, hardworking, honorable individuals. i don't care if one is a hard hat, a trader, or a CEO. I submit that in this day and age, honesty and integrity are a rare breed. It is not my place to make statements as to who is what, but as a group of people brought together by a common interest, I do expect honesty.

Is Don biased to Bright trade, OF COURSE. If he weren't he would not be being very loyal to his traders and firm. However, he seems to me to be being reasonable and honest. Maybe I am expecting to much by expecting honesty and integrity, but I hope not.

#53     Dec 2, 2002
  4. I don't have a problem with Don either; he is just doing his job; however I don't think he needs to know who someone is.

Unless he is trying to figure out if he is a disgruntled ex-Bright trader ...

#54     Dec 2, 2002
  5. I think we all want honesty, from our associates, from retailers we buy from, from the clergy, from the politicians, from our spouses and relatives, from the media, etc.

However, expecting honesty is a different matter.

When money is involved, I have been trained to expect the best, but be fully prepared for the worst.

Money changes everything when you have interactions and relationships where money is involved, and when money is the primary motivating factor in someone's actions and reasons for interacting, it is not to be ignored.

The money trail speaks louder than words.

#55     Dec 2, 2002
  6. Bullet

Bullet

Metoxx, I don't believe it is unreasonable for Don to ask with whom he is debating. If 777 is an upset past bright trader he should take this time to confront the owner. nonetheless I understand you point Metoxx.

#56     Dec 2, 2002
  7. Just a thought; Don is a public personality, 777 is not ...

#57     Dec 2, 2002
  8. I haven't figured out what they are arguing about yet ...

#58     Dec 2, 2002
  9. What difference would it make if I were a disgruntled ex-Bright trader? Would that change the truth of the issues at hand?

So what if someone has an ax to grind? Are they on targtet, are they speaking the truth, are they being reasonable and accurate? Are the questions they are asking worth answering?

Again, the focus in our society is too much on the "credibility" of the speaker, not on the truth of the speech.

This is why they hire guys like the old fart that used to be on Law and Order to appear in the TD Waterhouse ads. Marketing people know that most buyers are too stupid or lazy to do the research, and if they see a celebrity that gives the product instant credibility.

What a sham, and an abuse of the system.

#59     Dec 2, 2002
  10. Bullet

Bullet

good point. But I am for openness. Just my humble opinion

#60     Dec 2, 2002