Bright Desk Fees?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by C Robinson, Nov 8, 2002.

1. another problem i have recently heard about is that bright is holding trader's deposits for an extra 30 days after a trader leaves. the only reason i bring up this matter is that it is in direct conflict with what Don has been saying on this board for quite some time. if i am in error i will be the first to recognize it.

#11     Nov 26, 2002
  2. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

We just request that a trader give us a 30 day termination notice.

#12     Nov 26, 2002
  3. they had already given 30 days....it just seems that bright makes it hard for traders to leave with these roadblocks.

#13     Nov 26, 2002
  4. cashonly

I've never heard of this happening. Maybe you should PM Don with the trader's name to confirm or get more details.

#14     Nov 26, 2002
  5. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

thanks, but i will let Don post a reply on this board.

#15     Nov 26, 2002
  6. cashonly

OK,

2 things:

1. Bryan, I'm confused because I thought C Robinson was asking the question, so he'd be the one to provide the name. ???

2. That would be up to Don, but I never post individual traders names unless they request it out of respect for their privacy. I'm pretty sure Don also has that same respect for traders, current or past.

Regardless, it's an issue for Don. ('m just a worker bee :D )

Cash

#16     Nov 26, 2002
  7. sorry...old account, i was checking pm's and forgot to switch back.

#17     Nov 26, 2002
  8. F. d'Anconia

F. d'Anconia Guest

I am interested in possibly joining Bright Trading in the near future and would like to know if anyone out there in the community can give some honest feedback on how they have been treated over there. Also, can someone please explain (from experience with them only) what the haircut charges are and how they work and also the commission rebates. According to their site, after 400,000 shares/month .90 per 100 shares is rebated back to the trader. Is this true. Sounds too good to be true. Commission is only .01 per share or $1.00 per hundred to begin with. Are the commissions really essentially free once these volume levels are reached?

Also, wanted to know if you are allowed to hold positions overnight with them, or only intraday.

whomever has personal knowledge and can speak from experience can email me directly @ nipseyh@bellsouth.net

#18     Nov 26, 2002
  9. You read it wrong. Your rate becomes .90/100 shares. (you are rebated .10/100 shares)

#19     Nov 26, 2002
  10. F. d'Anconia

F. d'Anconia Guest

ABC?
    So, do you trade with them? Any thoughts?

:confused:

#20     Nov 28, 2002