Bright Brothers, a serious question

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Illuminated One, Oct 5, 2007.

1. LOL, not worried at all, and thanks for time warp back to the 1800's, very cute, LOL. PC at it's worst, LOL. Good idea about Chris, however.

Don :)

#11     Oct 5, 2007
  2. Ah Rennick you are so sexist I didn't know :D

Don you and your family have my vote

Bright Prop is the way to go

Don has been straight with people on ET 95% of time

good

#12     Oct 5, 2007
  3. I certainly appreciate the kind words, and I'm 95% (lol) sure that Mr. Rennick was yanking our chain, LOL.

Don:)

#13     Oct 5, 2007
  4. Don, with all these arcade traders adopting in fact "similar" strategies or to be more provocative "congruent" strategies - how do you avoid the "herd like" mentality we observed in August related to the Quant driven market neutral statistical arbitrage hedgefunds ?

Or do you think there is enough opportunity in markets to avert similar effects - keyword : "statistical" diversification ?

But maybe you are not bothered at all cause we know it´s all about the crucial factors:

entry / exit /money management / leverage / risk management ?

:p

#14     Oct 6, 2007
  5. Excellent Plan Don...

I look forward to meeting you in Vegas in a couple of weeks.

Regards, Joe T.

#15     Oct 6, 2007
  6. Don will live to be one hundred and eleven. so he has about another 5 years.lol.
    in all seriousness,its a shame he requires a series 7 because i would bring alot to his firm.i am not a very smart guy but for some reason god gave me a gift for trading stocks. still trying to figure out how a series 7 will make me a better trader. unless of course knowing if a broker can sell stock without his clients written consent will make be able tomore adept at trading AAPL and RIMM.lol

#16     Oct 6, 2007
  7. What a depressing thread.

#17     Oct 6, 2007
  8. There are so many nuances in all of our strategies that I am not concerned about herd mentality...I worry more about those traders who don't do their own risk control and daily analysis, because then they could "fall together" - but no signs of that that I've seen.

Don

#18     Oct 8, 2007
  9. Series 7 has nothing to do with trading whatsoever. In 1998 it became the "law" for exchange members to allow the leverage, market access, and tax benefits we enjoy vs. retail trader/customers. Not a big deal to take the test, the trade-offs are worth it IMO.

111? Doubtful...although some days it feels like it, LOL.

All the best,

Don

#19     Oct 8, 2007
  10. God forbid, but when it happens the Bright's get the dark sun glasses and seated right next to the cooled over Greenspan. Just like Weekend at Bernies. This is John Wayne McCain's idea for the good Chairman.

Rennick out

ps. below is them having a board meeting.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

#20     Oct 8, 2007