Briefing Trader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by EliteTraderNYC, Oct 26, 2008.

1. RedLng

RedLng

I used the Briefing trader service for a little over a year. At times calls by BLUEX, CONTX would be hitting the mark all day. As the market changed over the last few months some of the other traders on the site have been in a better groove while others cooled off. Same thing happened to me, '08 good, '09 not so much.

I don't understand all the negativity towards this service. You aren't forced to take their trading calls. Its called a free trial because its free, just cancel the damn thing before its up. If a stock the service calls out is too thin or volatile then wait for something more suited to your style and capital.

I cancelled my subscription recently. I found the service didn't fit my style of trading any longer. But still I thought it had many uses and learned a lot from it, saved me a ton of cash during slower periods. Maybe I'll go back to it sometime when I feel I can put it to better use. Also, I've dealt with the customer service several times and had no problems. Buyer should always beware, that doesn't mean the site has no value.

#51     Oct 20, 2009
  2. There are LOTS of sites, including briefing.com, offering stock picks. But almost NONE of them work. And because $300 a month is a LOT to small traders WHEN it doesn't work!
    It's a TRAP. Many of us forget to cancel. Or, we don't cancel because we see the cheese. The cheese is always FREE in the mouse trap.
    We humans are not machines. Frequently we act illogically.
    $300 a month is a LOT to small traders WHEN it doesn't work. And LEARNING from another bad experience and SAVING money shouldn't be confused with making money.
    You're implying that just because you had no problems dealing with briefing's customer service, then no one of us will. -- Not true! -- Not even close to the truth!
    Yes, buyer should always beware. The cheese is always FREE in the mouse trap. And of course, this doesn't mean the CHEESE has no value.

#52     Oct 21, 2009
  3. It's a TRAP. Many of us forget to cancel. Or, we don't cancel because we see the cheese. And the cheese is always FREE in the mouse trap.
    You're implying that trader performance at briefing can be verified for the last 7 years. -- Not true! -- Not even close to the truth!
    That's what the other company said. Can you spell Enron?
    It's good that you've removed one of your masks, the "brettman9" mask. However, you're still wearing a mask.
    An anonymous guy by the name "EliteTraderNYC" started this thread, and he can be anyone -- including you or one of your co-workers a briefing. Most newsgroup and other threads start with just a question or something that sounds equally innocent. But just because this thread started innocently, it's NOT an excuse for posting commercial messages (also known as spam).
    You do a LOT more than check in. Checking in and posting commercial messages are two different things. And "checking in from time to time" is NOT an excuse for posting commercial messages.

#53     Oct 21, 2009
  4. I use the service and I like it. each trader has their own style of trading (amount of risk, time of trade, overnight etc, type of trading)

for example blueX trades higher priced stocks and seems to hold them longer and holds stocks overnight. He uses bigger stops and tries to make larger gains etc. each trader is different you should look at the calls if they make sense to your style and risk management.

I only will follow a call "if"

-I can get a very close similar entry with very little slippage
    -I like the call an agree with the trade
    -I can handle the risk of the trade
    -always make sure you have a stop on each trade.

I usually seem to keep the stops tighter then what they say and scale out of the trade a bit faster usually.

overall I am a paying member and find it well worth it. it is only $15 a day so it is cheap for what you get.

#54     Oct 21, 2009
  5. I use a cheaper version, Briefing Professional, the extra cash for the "trader" version isn't worth it to me since i don't trade any of their "stock calls". The service has earned one of my eight screens, I've had a good experience with the company over the last seven years and customer service has been excellent.

#55     Oct 21, 2009
  6. niccia

niccia

I have been using briefing trader for the last 6 months and I really can't say anything bad about it. I don't take a lot of the calls, mainly because I miss a lot because I am busy doing my own stuff, or I decide that the stops are too big and I don't want to take the risk, and usually I regret it. There are times occasionally when they call a trade a little late (ie. they are in at a much better price), and while that can be annoying, I often could have made money anyway if I had just taken the trade. They also hold things for a lot longer than I am used to, which is not a bad thing. They aren't going to be right 100% of the time obv, so if you are going to play the calls I think you need to play all of them and really follow their stops (as well as scale out when they do); otherwise, you may take a few .50 + hits here and there (their stops are usually quite large) and get discouraged. They make quite a few calls, so if you are doing your own thing on top of that it would keep you pretty busy. The thing I like best about the service is the variation in the type of plays. I have always traded prop strats and have spent the last few months learning more TA, which they use a lot. However, they also have access to all the conf. calls/news etc and often call plays off that. For example, they made over 4 points on thursday on a call on ESI during its conf call (which didn't look great on the chart to me at all). I could easily have gotten in at their price and sure wish I had. Another example was their call on EWZ on the day the Olympics news broke. I was watching the news on CNBC but hadn't even thought of trading off of it. It was a great call too. I really don't know why anyone wouldn't just try out the free trial (they gave me 6 weeks free btw) and see for themselves. At the end of the day, it is worth it to me just for the news and TA scans...saves me a lot of research.

#56     Oct 23, 2009
  7. Here we go again. In their infinite uprightness and honesty, instead of PAYING for commercial messages like everyone else, briefing.com uses shills.

A shill is an associate of briefing.com, who pretends no association to briefing.com and assumes the air of an enthusiastic customer. The intention of the shill is, using crowd psychology, to encourage others unaware of the set-up to purchase the services of briefing.com.

Shills are often used to downplay legitimate complaints posted by users on the Internet.

Shills are often employed by con artists.

Let the buyer beware.

I hope this helps.

#57     Oct 26, 2009
  8. niccia

niccia

#58     Oct 26, 2009
  9. Dude, what is your problem? It's an information service like bloomberg, reuters, flyonthewall, streetaccount. They do a good job. They do not need a "shill" on this site. I understand ur super pissed at them for some unknown reason. Let it go.

#59     Oct 26, 2009