Briefing Trader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by EliteTraderNYC, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Quote from milimabuse:

You talk about ME..who cares about ME?

You felt important enough to spam many times. I think the ME problem is YOU.

why don't you say something smart about the gapstrader system...

OK. The owner is a jackass. And an idiot. And a thief of services. Smart enough?

when will someone start talking about trading here, not just personal crap?!

A spammer is telling others about how to post? Tip your head and let all the hot sand run to the other side.

#41     Jul 25, 2009
  2. Why are you two (traderzones and milimabuse) posting on this thread?

Please stop. Your comments bear in no way on the subject, nor any other comments, in this thread.

#42     Jul 26, 2009
  3. hey how much is briefing trader per month? what if you sign a year contract?

#43     Oct 14, 2009
  4. I have had extensive experience with Briefing.com Trader.

As to trading, watch out! Let the buyer beware! They're a small-small company with few employees who trade crazy, small cap stocks with large spreads and little or no liquidity.

This means that, as soon as their stocks are announced through their web site A ) you never know exactly WHEN, and HOW MUCH you will have to pay. Usually after a long wait, and at a price that is way more than their prices!

And when they look back at their successes and failures, those will be the prices they base their calculations on. Not the inflated prices you had to buy at!

Their gains are inconsistent. Their best trader lost up to 60 percent in 2008. It happened almost overnight. Then it took him another full YEAR before he was able to get back to a break even position. Do you really want to wait a full year just to break even?

Briefing.com keeps things in a cloud of secrecy. They're not bad people, but often are misleading at best and dishonest at worst. They hide their prices, especially the price of Briefing Trader, and act like they do you a favor if they quote you a price over the phone. Or, if they give you a 14-day trial. Just like con men, they do pretty much everything over the phone and very little or nothing in writing, so that you assume in the worst case all you owe them is $300, when in reality you owe them $3,000.00 -- not counting the losses you suffered with their "help".

Sorry about any negativity, but as I see it, it's better when we traders are able to learn from each others' bad experiences.

I hope this helps.

#44     Oct 19, 2009
  5. Please don't make things up on this thread. I understand you had a bad experience with the product. But there are a number of complete falsehoods in the above.

We don't con anyone over the phone.

Our top traders all made significantly over 200% in 2008. For myself, it was my best trading year ever.

And most of my trading calls are in stocks that trade over 10 mln shares a day. Today, for example, I had calls in AAPL and BGU. We do put out some calls in stocks that trade thin, but you don't have to take them.

A forum like this provides an all-too-easy venue for blasting us publicly and without recourse. And that's not fair.

#45     Oct 20, 2009
  6. If you have a TD-A'trade account -- they're offering a 14 day free trial of Briefing Trader -- per this item found in my inbox today : http://i36.tinypic.com/2iik2s2.jpg -- why not try it and see for yourself if it has value?

#46     Oct 20, 2009
  7. I apologize in advance to all those traders who prefer not hear the truth.

I NEVER make up anything!

You say, "We don't con anyone over the phone"? That's what the other company said. Can you spell "Enron"?

Your claims are vague and non-specific. They're unrealistic because they're based on small cap stocks with large spreads, and little or no liquidity. And as soon as we outsiders begin buying them, even if we buy them gradually, using very small volumes, the price of the stock immediately starts going up. However, your trader who works for Briefing, never bases his calculation on the price we outsiders have to pay to be able to ride those small stocks.

A similar problem occurs when we try to unload our losing stocks. We start selling and, alarmingly, the more we want to sell them, the more the price keeps dropping. Briefing, however, never bases their calculations on the sell price we outsiders have to put up with, in order to be able to unload those stocks.

You're anonymous and also work for Briefing, that small-small company?
    Your claims have not been published anywhere else, and have not been verified by any truly independent body!

It is unfair, misleading and borderline dishonest that an anonymous trader from Briefing,com -- a small-small company -- can make allegations and claim that Briefing's best trader is going to be our yardstick of typical returns. And claim that our results are going to be pretty much like that of the best trader. And to imply that we outsiders can be just as successful as Briefing's best trader. -- Not true! -- Not even close to the truth!

It is misleading and borderline dishonest that an anonymous trader from a very small company can make allegations and claim that just because 'he' happened to trade AAPL yesterday, pretty much all traders at Briefing.com trade large cap stocks pretty much all the time. Not true! -- Not even close to the truth!

I agree with cubfan who says "by the time you get the posting, it isn't possible to get the trade at the price which the Briefing trader has gotten."

I also agree with MilleniumMan who says, "market are so volatile by the time the trader gets in and types his one liner on it, it ihas moved away."

I also agree with TraderCalls who says, "There are lots of sites offering TA, stock picks, covered calls, etc. But almost none of them work. $300 a month is a lot to small traders if it doesn't work!"

I also agree with Anekdoten who says, "I once had a complimentary free trial to Briefing Trader, two weeks time, and I monitored it, I thought it was useless. Your money is better spent with a good feed, a good charting platform and a better understanding of price action."

In closing, once again I apologize about any negativity, but as I see it, it's better when we outsiders/traders stick together and learn from each others' bad experiences.

I hope this helps.

#47     Oct 20, 2009
  8. That would be too easy. It's much better to just proclaim that every service is a scam in an attempt to "protect the noobs" as an "ET Public Service." (I've never used Briefing and have no intentions of doing so...I just find the comments and attacks on this site pretty humorous and most of the time, baseless).

#48     Oct 20, 2009

9. Anyone can try the product for two weeks for free with absolutely no obligation whatsoever.

We've been around for 7 years. We're not trying to trap or trick anyone.

(I am ChartTrader from the BriefingTrader service, btw. I did not start this thread. I just check it from time to time.)

#49     Oct 20, 2009
  10. Guys, The main thing is that the trial is "free". Because "free" justifies everything, including any and ALL your hard earned money you may lose! Guys, go ahead and try briefing.com! And lose your hard earned money, just because it was recommended by a nameless, faceless briefing.com trader who has financial ties with briefing.com, and just because he has a financial interest in making you register and sign up at Briefing.com! -- And then, about one week from today, when you have your first LOSS, remember who he works for! He doesn't work for YOU!

#50     Oct 20, 2009