Briefing Trader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by EliteTraderNYC, Oct 26, 2008.

1. DeepSky

DeepSky

BLUEX is a weak trader. He needs to be let go. I feel bad for all the new subscribers that are not aware of his poor performance and actually follow his calls. I know I was burnt early on by his poor timing and poor selections. (If you take the opposite side of BLUEX's calls than you would make money)

Scalp, Chart and Contx make BriefingTrader worth the money. Scalp is awesome in this environment! If it were not for these traders than I believe no one would subscribe for more than 3 months as they would likely be upside down in their PnL.

I would not follow these trader's calls (fundx, betax) as they are around the 45 -55% win rate. So its like gambling with these guys.

Its too bad that Trader doesn't get rid of the poor performers to make way for better traders like that of Scalp Chart and ContX caliber.

#21     Dec 24, 2008

2. Hi DeepSky,

Very important point in there.

First off, thanks for the kudos (I'm Chart). But got a question for you...(reason I popped in on this thread was to find some unbiased feedback.)

We can safely assume two things about all traders: Traders get hot and cold for endogenous reasons, and traders perform differently in different environments.

(For example, I would say that SCALP, CONTX, and I are somewhat more intuitive/tape-reader types, ie less mechanical than the others you mentioned. And that's working bigtime lately as the setups that made money over the last few years are all traps right now, and so the trade you have to put on is to sense where those traps are, and whether or not they're crowded, and if so, ride the unwind move the opposite way…And less mechanical/more intuitive traders are going to make that transition sooner.)

But there's nothing we can really do as a service to avoid that variability. We could constantly change our staff on a weekly basis, but that would just be trading the traders. And trading itself is hard enough.

So, your always going to have a spread between traders when comparing performance, and that spread will vary and flip across time (and, believe me, I've seen BLUEX, BETAX, and FUNDX go on absolute world-beating tears, to the point where you would completely have reversed your groupings in your post).

And, for what it's worth, I think this variability/disparity is probably exaggerated right now given all the 'unprecedented' market behavior going on, as I'm sure you'd agree.

But, and here’s the point, a key supposition we hold is that subscribers can probably tell (as I think you have maybe demonstrated in your post), based on trends in performance and the amount of conviction we convey in our 'presence' on the site, which traders to leverage up on, and which to ignore. Not right away, and not all the time, but over the broad sample, the volume should shift to the hot traders.

My question is: do you find that you can tell, and profit from that judgement? Or is it entirely in retrospect?

And this goes for anyone who reads this and has an answer.

Many thanks,

Brett

#22     Dec 27, 2008
  3. DeepSky

DeepSky

Hey Chart,

Briefing is great. It could be better. To answer your questins...

do you find that you can tell, and profit from that judgement? yes

Or is it entirely in retrospect? no

To give you some unbiased thoughts about the traders:

Here's my gripe. Let's say BLUEX is on a cold streak and he doesn't just plain suck. So what does he do to handle his cold streak? he widens his stops but he still gets shaken out only with bigger losses. His strategies are trader 101 mistakes and he keeps repeating them. Triangle "traps" are not consistant but he is in denial. Or even worse... (his quote "the market has fallen too far too fast 5 days in row I am going long here to try to catch this bottom AND hold the position overnight!") Are you serious, Umm, hey Bluex if you haven't heard there is unprecedented gov't intervention on a global basis going on due to an economy that hasn't been so broken since the Great Depression)... catching a falling knife is the dumbest idea a trader could have. Also, BLUEX is just as active as ever during his cold streak, more active than you and CONTX, yet most of his calls are losers. At least EVENT TRADER realized he was cold and had the respect to stop making calls until he gets his mojo back and saving clients money.

I'm not saying every cold trader should go. I'm saying one trader should go: BLUEX is weak. Maybe get a great ES/YM trader to fill out your roster instead of BLUEX.

Ok now that I got that off my shoulders The only other gripe worth mentioning is FUNDX should be made to state when he stops out. I think FUNDX has a half hearted approach to your service. He offers little commentary and rarely comments about all the trades that have hit their sell stops. When I was a new subscriber I miscalculated fundx's ability to make good calls because he only follows up on his winners, so it gives the illusion that his track record is better than it acually is. The truely great traders follow up on ALL their calls not just the winners.

Anyway, in closing I really enjoy the service because you contx and scalp are awesome. Keep up the great work, I can tell you guys really care about your passion and the service. But do consider what was said as I do believe your service would improve greatly with just a few tweaks.

Happy New Year!

DeepSky

#23     Dec 29, 2008
  4. Have had the service for nearly a year. Just went through the new and improved "Briefing Trader" and got it all set up exactly how I want it. It seem very customizable, love the 'dual in play' mode.

Very impressed with this new set up. :)

#24     Jan 7, 2009
  5. you gotta remember that these traders aren't looking to generate followers to their calls. you just have to think of their calls as someone else giving you a different perspective on the market. combine that with the fact that briefing is a solid news source then you have a service that is very worthwhile. i have briefing trader, dow jones news feed, trade the news audio, and a bloomberg terminal so if there is news out there hopefully one of those will be reporting it.

#25     Jan 7, 2009
  6. ener555

ener555

Anyone knows if they keep the Platinum Service? Its good enough for me right now and I dont wanna pay $20 more per month compared to the platinum service if i don't need it.

Thanks

P.S. I am asking bc. I don't even see the platinum service on their site anymore

#26     Jan 12, 2009
  7. This is right on the mark, Robbie.

Thanks,
    B

#27     Jan 23, 2009
  8. any body uses new brifing trader ?
    I used it before for 2 years but I quit Ispent more time reading
    than trading If they had some sort of filtering probably would stay
    is it better this time

#28     Apr 26, 2009
  9. I meant briefing trader
    can any one tell me if he feels it is better now?
    or worth it
    Thanks

#29     Apr 27, 2009

10. Hi steve,

It is hugely customizable now. The main changes we made to the product were about filtering along a number of dimensions.

B

#30     Jun 12, 2009