Briefing Trader

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by EliteTraderNYC, Oct 26, 2008.

1. wickcity

wickcity

Brett,

I have a question for you. A few weeks ago, I was sent a email stating that a "new" Briefing trader was coming out. I sent a link to answer a few questions, if selected, that person would beta test the new service. I answered the few questions that they asked but didn't hear back from Briefing.

My question is this, what are they changing or adding with the new Briefing trader?

thanks

#11     Nov 18, 2008
  2. I once had a complimentary free trial to Briefing Trader, two weeks time, and I monitored it, I thought it was useless.

Your money is better spent with a good feed, a good charting platform and a better understanding of price action.

Anek

#12     Nov 18, 2008
  3. I have to say you guys are good traders and I relate to the way you think. I notice that today you guys really pulled back on the afternoon calls as it got so hard. Except for SCALP trader. I think he is pretty good. You guys got me focused on trading the ETF's lately SKF SDS SSO SMN etc... So hard to short the "right" stock sometime, so buy the SDS.

Also like accountability having the subscribers vote for best and WORST calls of the week.

Brett, do you trade at home or all in the same office? How did you get selected for your spots?

#13     Nov 18, 2008
  4. ganesh6

ganesh6

It would be a good idea to tell first thing in the morning the stocks that you are going to trade that day so that one can start monitoring them.

#14     Nov 18, 2008
  5. You mean there are OTHERS there who are posting out there, trying to dig up free publicity on forums?

I think Anek reinforced my point. Without proof, always assume something is useless.

No one should have to spend that kind of money to see if a site has any value. "Try us" is not an answer. "Here is our audited returns" is a real answer. 99% of these type of sites are useless. Assume this one is too.

#15     Nov 18, 2008
  6. You can't order five traders with five different styles with the slippage and all. Impossible to do. You make money, or you value you the service, you stay. If not, don't. That simple.

It's a clean, useful service. Take it or leave it. I subscribe, because it's worth it to me. And I"m not going to break down the trades I take/don't take, win or lose. The man said he'd give you a month, or two weeks. Take it or leave it.

#16     Nov 18, 2008
  7. gvanto

gvanto

...this you guys are talking about and where to get it?

#17     Nov 19, 2008
  8. Hi ttf,

Most of us trade from an office in downtown Chicago, but a few are in NYC.

The selection process is just like you'd imagine: people know people, and some trader catches someone's attention and we get to know him. And look at what he's doing. If he/she seems to get it and can show a good track record, and we're looking for someone (which is not at all always the case), then we give him/her a shot. We've had a real steady group now for a while with few changes over the past two years.

B

#18     Dec 19, 2008
  9. All I can say is, it's a million times better. It's been way too long since briefing updated the platform. The whole thing is customizable now, starting in Jan 09.

#19     Dec 19, 2008
  10. I tried it and thought it had some value but also has other features I'm not interested in (like the small-cap 50 section). I spoke with my salesman and he said that Briefing has an ala carte service in the works for their Trader subscription. But that was over a year ago, still no ala carte service offered.

Why pay for services you don't want?

#20     Dec 22, 2008