Briefing Trader - $300 a month?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by CMEmonster, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Care to post a few that you took advantage of the past few days?

#11     Jan 5, 2006
  2. You know Tom, I am interested too.

So what you are saying is that you could not have found these trades on your own? You're not skilled enough to find the trades so you are willing to pay for an advisory, and apparently you are willing to base your trading on it?

Do you see what I am getting at?

For me, I would like to think that if one person can find these trades, I can find them. It is mostly a matter of doing homework.

Thanks,
    Steve

#12     Jan 5, 2006
  3. Yes, they can do that, or they can do their own homework and not pay you, or the site you promote.:D

#13     Jan 5, 2006
  4. Can you post a few of their calls?

#14     Jan 5, 2006
  5. umairasif

umairasif

I was lucky enoughto get the trail membership of the breifing trader. IF you like it or not depends on your style of trading. For me, the intra day breifing was better than most services. Apart from that I thaught it was basic. BUT HOLD! The best thing that I liked about this service were their weekly updates on certain stocks that were about to move in the short term. Sincerely and honestly, I have never seen such good information in my 9 years of trading. I remember that these reports (on average once a week), were just amazing. They gave the inside information which is hard to come by. For example, they knew that a certain company was to get certain amount in coming weeks, certain company might buy another company soon etc etc.

I am not into stocks so I never actualy traded this information but I recommended a few of my friends and they are very impressed with their results. Now, I will ask anyone who gets the breifing trader to just go to their Archives and see for themselves the avargae results of their calls. Overall! I couldn't really find something very specail but if you have to pay for their calls on certain stocks, it is worth every penny.

#15     Jan 5, 2006
  6. I don't mind paying $300 a month for good information: I pay much more for institutional order flow calls from my prime brokers. However, my time and concentration is what I am worried about losing, not a measly $300. Allocating time and resources on something new and getting the hang of it means deviating my time and effort on tried and tested things.

#16     Jan 5, 2006
  7. Htrader

Htrader Guest

I tried the briefingtrader free trial and here are my impressions.

It is two different services merged into one. The first is an enchanced version of the regular briefing.com news feed. You get more breaking news, more analyst comments, and more rumors. Faster too. I found this to be mildly useful, but not enough to justfiy the high price.

The second service mimics a stock picking chatroom. They will make many intraday calls on which stocks they think will go up or down. The results are hit and miss. The stocks do move after their calls, but most of the time only because all their subscribers pile into the names. So it becomes a game of musical chairs, to see who can get in first, and get out first. They also will post real time trades done by "anonymous" traders, most of whom rely on technical indicators.

The most annoying part of the service was their constant self-promotion. They constantly congratulated themselves every time one of their trades worked out. They would also post glowing testimonials that were supposedly sent in by their subscribers, which would detail exactly much money they made trading the stock picks. All of this seemed very unprofessional to me.

In the end, I found the service to be too distracting to justify the price and I did not subscribe.

#17     Jan 5, 2006
  8. CMEmonster, paying the fees can be a very small price to pay, as you say, if you don't have the time or knowledge to find trades. The key is to find some one who trades well and doesn't over trade. Some one that can give you some heads up before they call it so you know , why and what your looking for in the trade. Someone that will teach you along the way is even better. Most good sites will offer a free trial. Try them, find one you like. Consistency is the key to good trading.

Trade well

#18     Jan 5, 2006
  9. Velo...

With all due respect, I don't need someone to teach me: I have my methodologies and they work for me just fine. However, some services certainly overlap with my methodologies, and can add some new perspective, i.e. trading opportunities.

So far, on this thread, I have seen quite a few people use the service on a trial basis. Is anyone using it on a full time/continuous basis?

#19     Jan 7, 2006
  10. by this logic it follows that if you practice the piano enough you can be as talented at mozart, etc.... steve46 - arrogance and ignorance are two of the most nauseating human qualities - congrats on your double score!

#20     Jan 8, 2006