Briefing.com

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by NasdaqTrader, Oct 16, 2003.

1. i got firstalert through bloomberg with the intention of trading breaking upgrades and downgrades, but they must do these things on calls rather than issue them over wires, cuz first alert is useless for this.

#11     Oct 17, 2003
  2. vet63

vet63

first alert is worthless

#12     Oct 17, 2003
  3. no chit

#13     Oct 17, 2003
  4. Breifing In-Play and Headlines offer some scalping ops for Nadaq traders.

More daytrippers are coming back and even with the late news, it's good for a few bucks because someone will always be a bit late to the party

eg. PARS from last week

#14     Oct 17, 2003
  5. thanks for the StreetAccount.com tip...

they are actually runned by ex-Briefing.com folks, I think I will give it a trial

#15     Oct 17, 2003
  6. gaj

gaj

any further information on street account? their website doesn't give any pricing plans or sample info...

#16     Oct 17, 2003
  7. I agree with this - I think there is a way to trade pre-market ratings changes shown on Briefing, even though we see them after the the big money has been given the heads up. Just don't trade an upgrade on ebay by Bill & Bob Securities from Des Moines. Now an upgrade by Merrill on a mid cap stock?

I've been spending tons of time on this subject, looking at such things as acceptable/non-acceptable gaps, entry/exit stops/targets etc. Anyone want to get more specific?

#17     Oct 24, 2003
  8. jrs3

jrs3

Briefing.com, nothing but perma bulls.

#18     Oct 26, 2003
  9. I couldn't make money with it, but now that you have the option to backfill charts on the Quote Tracker it might work out. I,m too lazy to resubscribe.

#19     Oct 26, 2003
  10. nuton

nuton

what about waiting for the reversal on news with briefing? Check out the morning gap ups.

#20     Oct 27, 2003