Brief high intensity bodyweight workout at home without equipment

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Frederick Foresight, Dec 31, 2018.

1. What I mean is that eurusdzn apparently uses a single dumbbell for his entire routine whereas you have a veritable Transformer on your hands.

#51     Jan 8, 2019
    ESfocus likes this.
  2. I think I understand what you meant.

There is something different or more "satisfying", if you will working bilaterally.

Single joint exercise is very productive no doubt, but something about taking that weight IN BOTH HANDS and racking it.:)

#52     Jan 8, 2019
  3. I don't know what exercises eurusdzn does with his dumbbell, but I don't think he is necessarily limited to single joint exercises. Perhaps he can elaborate.

#53     Jan 8, 2019
  4. He is pretty much limited to above the waist. unless he straps a dumbell to his ankle :)

40% of bodymass is below the waist, thats the other half; some would say the most important half; glutes, quads,hammies:)

#54     Jan 8, 2019

5. can do ..unilaterally if that's your flavor

#55     Jan 8, 2019
  6. saves you in thousands of gym fees

of course you don't get the L@@KS from everyone when you drop a 135lb snatch, or 200lb C&J, from arms length, in a crossfit gym BOOM :)

if, you raised it, then lower it. SLOWLY don't just drop it pussies

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    #56     Jan 8, 2019
  7. anyone that does a "snatch" to begin with, that isn't an O'lifter has iossues :)

#57     Jan 8, 2019
  8. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

I do a single dumbell workout and am also a gym member where I do the vanilla standard weight routines ie: upper/lower or push/pull split.
    Generally, if I am prepping for winter snow shoveling( read functional) then I will do the dumbell, whole body workout.
    If I feel I am slipping in terms of muscle,bone,weight,strength then I will do the standard gym
    lifting routine. I guess it is cycling for say.... 3 -6 months or so on average. Age is a factor, as I did not do the dumbell routine ten years ago.
    Regardless which routine, it is the same handfuls of compountpd exercises.
    Cardio, general fitness, core,on your feet, continuous , flowing is the key emphasis on
    Dumbell routine. I imagine kettlebell is similar.

#58     Jan 8, 2019
  9. I'm no big fan of crossfit as you can tell. Most of the movements they do are inefficient for building muscle mass, for example throwing a "medicine ball" up the wall, or kippups that are not much more adapted from the way gymnasts mount the highbar before their routine. It's to get you up into the bar with least expenditure of energy, not to work muscles efficiently :confused:

The Olympic lifts are ok, the snatch requires the most skill although there is skill involved in both the snatch and C&J.

#59     Jan 9, 2019
  10. destriero

destriero

lol what do you weigh, 105?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    #60     Jan 9, 2019