Bridgewater Bets $1.5 billion on Upcoming Market Drop

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Baron, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Overnight

Overnight

IMHO, I think being very long and strong, as @SimpleMeLike posted, or having any unhedged directional bet in the market right now, is folly. We got Trump with his trigger finger on both the Hong Kong bill signing, and the trade deal stuff.

Who the hell knows what the weekend will bring on actions and headlines. I learnt my lessons, and it is costing me potential income. But better to be flat and safe than fat and unhappy.

#31     Nov 22, 2019
    SimpleMeLike and Amahrix like this.
  2. dozu888

dozu888

no need to read too much into it... Ray is not god, neither is Warren.... this is what I call the 1024 monkeys phenomenon.... with so many people in the finance field a few of them are bound to win big.

#32     Nov 22, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Hey, that is just a play on the 1,000 monkeys in a room with typewriters and producing the entire works of Shakespere thing.

Dirty pool!

#33     Nov 22, 2019
  4. dozu888

dozu888

according to the infinite parallel universe theory, this will happen or already happened..

#34     Nov 22, 2019
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

I could continue this discussion to the ends of said universe, but that would take infinite time and mass. Best thing to say here is, long and strong is not the best choice of action for now with the Trump uncertainty overhanging the markets at this time, and with us being near ATH. :)

#35     Nov 22, 2019
  6. dozu888

dozu888

recommend you a book by Mamas - The Nature of Risk, in which he talks about the inverse relationship between the information risk and the price risk.

'uncertainty' is the very element that ensures a sustainable rally... if everybody is convinced there is no more uncertainly ahead, that's the moment everybody has bot, which means price has nowhere to go but down.

it's counter intuitive.

#36     Nov 22, 2019
  7. DaLocal

DaLocal

Clueless in Bearville...

#37     Nov 23, 2019
  8. kashirin

kashirin

The thing there is no uncertainty in the market. There is a total complacency the Fed will print what ever it takes. It's kind of obvious asset part of the economy is in hyperinflation because of it. Super rich are in real pain Picasso and Rembrandt prices double faster than toilet paper in Zimbabwe

#38     Nov 23, 2019
  9. dozu888

dozu888

I don’t know the art market. But the public participation in stocks is near historic lows. https://news.gallup.com/poll/266807/percentage-americans-owns-stock.aspx

Meanwhile you have checking account cash corporation cash billionaire cash at all time highs.

#39     Nov 23, 2019
  10. Amahrix,

What is your suggestion for me?

#40     Nov 23, 2019