BREXIT

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oldnemesis, Jun 24, 2016.

1. benwm

benwm

conduit, are you really trading for a living, or just being a troll?

I get the feeling you've got a different "agenda" here.

#31     Jun 27, 2016
  2. conduit

conduit

Is that normal on this site? When arguments are contradicted by facts then people get personal? How could I be a drama queen? I have no beef or investment in the UK, I could not care less. I simply stated facts aside my opinion on public emotions in Northern Ireland and Scotland.

And all your other points are completely factually incorrect. All EU institutions are elected, including elected by representatives of the UK. If you do not trust your own politicians then you should vote for others. EU institutions discriminate against non EU countries? Lol, yeah of course what else do you think they should? The US discriminates in most its decisions and actions against other countries for its own benefit. So does the UK, so does Germany and the rest of the world. Welcome to reality mate.

You are saying Northern Irish opinion is divided but on the same token the one of the English is not? 54% sounds less divided than 52%. If on the grounds of that you try to make the point that 54% is too divided then the referendum should have never passed below a 60 or 70% vote to begin with. Make a choice, you can't have it both ways.

#32     Jun 27, 2016
    d08 likes this.
  3. conduit

conduit

another personal attack? Sad, it always goes down the drain so fast on this site.

#33     Jun 27, 2016
    d08 likes this.
  4. benwm

benwm

There are five presidents of the European Union. How many of these were voted for by the UK public? Zero, zilch, nada. Most people in the UK cannot even name one of them. These bureaucrats are appointed officials, not democratically elected by the British electorate. The EU institution only appears credible in comparison to FIFA.

British people never voted to join the European Union. We joined the European Common Market in the 1970s but never signed up for political union. Now the UK got an opportunity to vote on membership for the first time after joining, the majority voted out. Deal with the reality of the British electorate's vote. There will be no second referendum, that's a pipe dream. Sorry.

I'm finished with this thread. In a couple of years time you'll look back on your comments and have a little chuckle at yourself as to how hysterically you reacted. No big deal.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    #34     Jun 27, 2016
  5. conduit

conduit

* You are part of a parliamentary constitutional monarchy and your country subscribes to democratic principles. Hence you do have elections where you vote those who represent you domestically, internationally outside of Europe and you elect European parliamentarians. In fact people like Nigel Fariage were voted into the position of member of the European parliament. Unless you denounce democratic principles in your country you vote for and must respect the majority opinion and hence accept your political representatives. Whether you agree with each of their decisions or not fact remains that they represent you. In fact Ted Heath himself took the UK into the European Economic Community. So yes, you did have a vote, you voted for your representatives. If you do not respect that as your representative power then you can as well leave the isles and join a commune and live in pure anarchy.

* Yes you did sign up for a political union. Your country happily joined and is represented in the the European Council, the Council of the European Union, the European Parliament, the European Commission, and the Court of Justice of the European Union. Your country's representatives wanted to be part of it and joined. Saying nobody wanted a European Union just because you did not want one or a prior minority did not want one does not change such fact.

I have no issues with the British exit vote, and it has been my point all along to not even waste time considering a 2nd referendum. My point is you had your say, your got what you wanted, now stop stepping on everyone else's foot and go about life. Implement your decisions and stop limiting everyone else's freedom and right to plan ahead. Your country only loses more credibility by now sitting on the nest like a fat hen. The world is watching and each day of further inactivity and obvious lack of direction makes your exit camp leaders look more stupid.

Hopefully you would accept some facts because you apparently have memory issues in case you have lived in the 70s or else have not paid attention in school.

#35     Jun 27, 2016
    d08 likes this.
  6. benwm

benwm

surf?

#36     Jun 27, 2016
  7. conduit

conduit

A short write up that just crossed the tape:

"
    UK access to single market will come at a price, post-Brexit. So said German MP Michael Fuchs, who is a close ally of Merkel. He stated that "you have to see with Norway, with Switzerland, you have to pay a certain fee. And the per capita fee of Norway is exactly the same as what Britain is now paying into the EU." The Leave campaign had blatantly exaggerated the cost of EU membership while claiming that the UK would continue to have unfettered access to the single market after closing its border. As is becoming more readily apparent, there won't be any access to the common market unless the UK opts for a Norway-like arrangement -- being out of the EU (check) and with full access to the single market (check), but at the price of allowing free movement of labour, paying EU fees and complying with EU trading rules and regulations (without having a say in them). The UK's choice will boil down to being between free access to the single market with an open border, or access to the single market with a closed border, but without free trade."
    S.AE .R2 GEN.AE UK.AE EUROPE.AE

Source: Action Economics

#37     Jun 27, 2016
  8. conduit

conduit

I thought you wanted to leave? Why you make everything so personal and why so agitated? Perhaps you went long Pound Sterling a few months too early? :p

Listen, I made my points, I backed them up with facts and figures, which you have either conveniently ignored or just skipped because it's hard to argue with facts. You may want to overthink the definition of a democracy or else join a commune where on each and every decision all individuals vote without representatives.

I am happy for you that you got your say this time around, and I am equally happy that at some point Europe can overthink its governance but above all it rid itself of a former member that knew best to complain and bicker without really providing viable alternatives or better solutions. We both got what we wanted. Let's not make this personal, there is simply no point in doing so.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    #38     Jun 27, 2016
    d08 likes this.
  9. benwm

benwm

If you check my earlier posts you will see I called the Leave result before the referendum, at a time the bookies odds for Brexit widened to 9-1. You, sir, are an idiot.

#39     Jun 27, 2016
  10. conduit

conduit

your point being? Do you even notice that you don't make any sense?
    On ignore.

#40     Jun 27, 2016