BREXIT

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oldnemesis, Jun 24, 2016.

1. conduit

conduit

Perhaps you are a little thick? Everyone European, myself included, is accepting the decision of our British friends. They decided to end the friendship and all we are asking now is to politely leave our house where we have kindly hosted you. We wish you good riddance, successful and bold new steps, and a happy afterlife. May you be blessed. But would you please leave some time soon because you are stirring up confusion and bewilderment with your confusing and inconsistent subsequent decisions.

#151     Jun 28, 2016
  2. Racist attacks in UK over the weekend:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/26/spate-of-racist-attacks-blamed-on-brexit-vote/

http://observer.com/2016/06/expect-more-violence-in-the-post-brexit-uk/

It appears there is a distinctly xenophobic base to Brexit support.

I am surprised by such stuff, but my exposure to Brits was 99% Londoners which now seems a separate population altogether.

Anybody see the Donald Trump similarities??

What's going on with people????

BTW: I never intended this thread to explode the way it has. I just wanted to explore some Brexit based option spreads.

:-(

#152     Jun 28, 2016
  3. conduit

conduit

What do you expect? When you let left and right wing extremists influence the masses with untrue and incomplete claims then you get this outcome.

Let me be very honest with you: The British keep on using the word friends when they refer to Europeans. But they have never been friends. British always stayed outside of things and never warmed up to Europeans and Europe. It does hurt when a part of a group never really tried to iron things out, never really wanted to fight for progress in Europe unless it only benefitted them. The word compromise never came up. And then it hurts when such member just leaves. Let's not sugarcoat the emotions in all of Europe.

But there are limits to kindness and limits to patience. You can bully a group of nations and disparage them as Nigel Farage did, for many years. But there is a break point that is reached. Brits have never really tried to work this gs out with Europe unless it benefitted them unilaterally. Everyone knew this is not just a trade union. It is a blatant lie how some now make it as if Britain did not know that this is a lot more than a pure trade union.

You can bully an intelligent kid only that long. At some point even the skinny A grader is gonna unleash fury over his bully.

#153     Jun 29, 2016
  4. I would not need to add "perhaps" for you. You are thick and unable to grasp concepts. Along with democracy, contracts are important. According to EU rules, the British can take their sweet time invoking Article 50 and if they need to do that, all power to them.

BTW, I am American, not British. Also, I simply wanted to participate in this discussion without picking fight with random internet stranger who registered in ET a month ago. There will be no more replies to your stupidity and name calling that you started.

How so very kind of you. Your House

#154     Jun 29, 2016
  5. conduit

conduit

Excellent, can we expect to be spared by your anarchistic mindset then? And in case you still don't get it everyone respects contracts or why do you think Nigel Farage was only laughed at and ridiculed instead of being thrown out of the EU parliament?

#155     Jun 29, 2016
  6. "But they have never been friends"

The Brits have their own personality that's for sure. Friendly is distinctly NOT how I would characterize it. I am in the States and I would have to go to London, Paris, Frankfort, Gottingen and Milan. I was always glad to get on that short flight from Heathrow to Charles de Gaulle. London was always painful. After I was done in London the rest of the trip was a pure pleasure. Smiles, good food and friendly people. The only pleasant memory I have of London was the beef at Simpson's on the Strand.

#156     Jun 29, 2016
  7. You also have an acute inability to understand written English. You are the only one that gets ignored. I am very much here

#157     Jun 29, 2016
  8. conduit

conduit

Yes I see how you ignore me. Same follow through than the exit camp. Say one thing, but do another.

#158     Jun 29, 2016
  9. benwm

benwm

Please don't judge the whole of the UK based on London. That's like visiting the shit side of LA or Chicago and deciding you don't like Amercians. If you venture further up North from London hopefully you'll get a better welcome. Actually I'm surprised you were able to see any Brits in London, aside from a couple of bankers and paper shufflers.

The UK has no issue with our European neighbours but it's the Fourth Reich European Union Institution that seems to harbour all of the fruitcakes. A couple of posters on this thread would find it an appropriate retirement home too.

#159     Jun 29, 2016
  10. benwm

benwm

Regrettable. Not helped by Jena-Claude Juncker's line, "Out is out". He should have chosen his words more carefully, not stoked up tensions for his own political benefit. I agree that Farage hasn't helped here either.

#160     Jun 29, 2016