Brexit

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Zr1Trader, Feb 25, 2016.

Brexit

1. Stay in EU

14 vote(s)
    26.4%
  2. Leave EU

39 vote(s)
    73.6%
  1. Going short today @ 1.44 GBPUSD

Looking at daily/ weekly/monthly timeframes I like the setup , fundys and techs line up for this IMO.

#51     May 16, 2016
  2. latest polls today

Online -EU referendum poll: Remain: 43% (-1) Leave: 47% (+1) (via ICM, online / 13 - 15 May)

Phone-EU referendum poll: Remain: 47% (-1) Leave: 39% (-2) (via ICM, phone / 13 - 15 May)

#52     May 16, 2016
  3. Brexit the movie .

#53     May 16, 2016
  4. Trump is catching on. I just heard Cameron on cnbc saying if we stay in the eu they can't discriminate against us because of the deal I did with them.

#54     May 17, 2016
  5. Humpy

Humpy

What a choice to make.
    Stay in and we are subject to their stupid EU laws that keep unelected Commissioners in power, on huge salaries, tax perks etc. and loads of migrants OR
    Come out and have to renegotiate trade deals around the world all over again. At the back of the queue says Trump. So much for any special relationship except when it suits the US.

Both positions are not very appealing imho BUT there are no free lunches

#55     May 17, 2016
  6. no, no NO, Trump never said that, It was Obama who made that threat

I doubt Trump even knows what the EU is and if he does he doesn't care. But if he is President and UK leaves he will make you a better deal than they ever will.

#56     May 17, 2016
    murray t turtle likes this.

7. Pound Rises as String of Polls Shows Brexit Risks Are Receding

• Latest survey gives ‘remain’ camp 18 percentage-point lead
    • Sterling losses spurred by weak U.K. employment data evaporate
    The pound jumped amid evidence the campaign to keep Britain inside the European Union is extending its lead.

Sterling climbed to a two-week high versus the euro and reversed its drop against the dollar as an opinion poll by the Evening Standard newspaper and Ipsos Mori put the “Remain” camp’s lead at 18 percentage points. That’s after an ORB/Telegraph survey earlier this week showed 55 percent of respondents in favor of staying in the EU versus 40 percent wanting to leave.

“Market participants are trading on the headlines and seeing the remain camp ahead and therefore buying the pound,” said Thu Lan Nguyen, a currency strategist at Commerzbank AG in Frankfurt. “The market’s getting more sensitive to the polls as we get closer to the referendum.”

The pound slipped earlier as the U.K. jobs market showed signs of cooling. Coming after a report Tuesday that showed an unexpected drop in the inflation rate, slowing wage growth underscored how the economy is struggling in the run-up to the EU referendum on June 23.

The pound climbed 0.7 percent to 77.70 pence per euro as of 12:35 p.m. London time, after touching the strongest level since April 28. It rose 0.4 percent to $1.4527, reversing a drop of the same amount.

#57     May 18, 2016

8. stopped out 1.455

will look for more opportunities into vote.

#58     May 18, 2016
  9. ICM/GUARDIAN TELEPHONE POLL SHOWS 42 PCT OF BRITONS WOULD VOTE TO REMAIN IN EU, 45 PCT TO LEAVE: RTRS

Provided a good news scalp in 6b looks like ES even sold off as well.I have a couple runners left for shorts. Hoping the runners can catch a larger wave on longer timeframes into vote. I have a bias that UK will exit.

#59     May 31, 2016
  10. Some interesting google trends data via John Kicklighter-dailyfx

#60     May 31, 2016