Brexit

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Zr1Trader, Feb 25, 2016.

Brexit

1. Stay in EU

14 vote(s)
    26.4%
  2. Leave EU

39 vote(s)
    73.6%
  1. My bad ...clicked my oddschecker link at the first post in thread and saw 89% in the piegraph had voted for leave . I don't know a whole lot about various betting sites etc. Thought it was significant.

#21     Mar 26, 2016
    tom2 likes this.
  2. Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    #22     Mar 26, 2016
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. #23     Mar 27, 2016
    ETcallhome likes this.

4. So betfair is the highest volume and best odds site to watch for real money wagers in your opinion? Thanks

IMO from watching the #brexit hashtag for a couple months few seem to want to stay in the EU. Just my observation.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    #24     Mar 27, 2016
  5. They should leave only for the sake of the subsequent hysterical screams in London's City. They can then re-enter if they wish.

#25     Mar 28, 2016
  6. Xela

Xela

No; it's perhaps the second-best, though.

The politicalbetting.com site is widely regarded by those in the know and those seriously interested as by far the best.

#26     Mar 28, 2016
  7. Xela

Xela

The results of telephone, online and street polls are strikingly different, in a largely consistent pattern.

As we saw in the recent general election (and in the Scottish independence referendum last year), some of the types of polls currently in widespread UK usage may be extremely misleading.

#28     Apr 3, 2016
  8. Are you taking a position for this vote in either EURUSD GBPUSD or EURGBP?

I am taking a few shots short into it expecting at least a 20% haircut on GBPUSD.

I believe polls and the market are always wrong as well. People say everything already priced into GBP, I beg to differ. If this does happen I believe there will be huge shocks to certain areas in global finance.

How are you playing this if you don't mind? Sounds like you are in the remain camp. You long GBPUSD?

Polls aside, I've talked with a lot of folks and observed many conversations on twitter that seem to overwhelmingly favor brexit. I'm going with my observations.

If I'm wrong and there is no brexit, I expect GBPUSD to rally pretty hard.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    #30     Apr 3, 2016