Brexit Is Almost Here... We are at the Finish Line!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Stockolio, Mar 28, 2019.

1. luisHK

luisHK

Not customs booths, not sure of the exact status, but agents were in those checking if the people intending to enter the city, from other cities or even Shenzhen suburbs, had an authorization to do so. Very odd.
    Which reminds me that I like London, and we would have been there much more often if it was a Shenghen member, it's a a whole circus or at least used to be, for non european even with a long term Shenghen resident permit, including family members of EEA citizens to get a visa to the UK. Maybe London, where the people voted remain if I remember correctly, should just break away from the UK ?

#101     Apr 20, 2019
  2. JSOP

JSOP

https://www.mail.com/int/news/uk/93...ility-negotiated-bre.html#.1272-stage-hero1-1

This is more like it. This is what I have been saying all along of how you deal with a bully who's not negotiating in good faith: Be fully prepared to walk away and let them deal with the consequences, in this case, be fully prepared for a No-Deal Brexit unless the bully EU is ready to come to the table and negotiate in good faith for mutual benefits not just everything all in favour of EU at the expense of UK. Rule in life: Never EVER never go to the other person, ALWAYS let the other person come to you especially when the other person is a bully, you don't continue to cater to the bully and ask "how high do I still need to jump". You will never get what you need in this way and only end up losing more. No, you stand up tall and tell them "This is what I want and no exceptions. Take it or leave it but mind you, if you leave it, you are gonna be screwed just as much as I would be if not even more. You want to find out how screwed you are gonna be, be my guest. I am prepared; I don't know about you. We have been lot worse before and have survived just fine and we can do it again. Good luck to you". Glad somebody thinks the same way.

Theresa May was crap!! Can't believe she lasted that long, somebody who has no vision, no guts, no leadership but a caterer. The "deal" that she "negotiated" for UK was humiliating. I even suspect that her heart was never in negotiating the Brexit. She was probably sabotaging it hoping that as a result UK would stay in the EU. Glad that UK's got somebody who's got some balls to really show the world what UK is made of, finally!!

#102     Aug 22, 2019
  3. JSOP

JSOP

WHY would you want to rejoin EU? EU is crap!! It's a dictatorship. EU should join UK once UK shows the world why it's called GREAT Britain. :)

#103     Aug 22, 2019
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Thats an opinion, a very stupid opinion, democracy isn't working i say give dictatorship a shot can't be any worse.

#104     Aug 22, 2019
  5. Sig

Sig

Once great, Britain. Pretty much all predicted by those of us dispassionately observing the lunacy of Brexit has happened exactly as we said it would, right here in this thread. In fact, what happened to the biggest Brexit fanboy, @Visaria? After about 20 failed predictions, it looks like he put his tail between his legs and ran away.
    On the lighter side, I saw the perfect solution for Brexit I think in Sunday's Guardian. Instead of the UK leaving the EU, all the countries in the EU leave the EU and join the UK!

#105     Aug 22, 2019
  6. JSOP

JSOP

Or just be independent and form trade agreements, either unilateral, bilateral, regional or continental like NAFTA but NOT an inflexible all-encompassing union that covers everything even in all aspects of each country's domestic law that should never be involved in the first place. If you look at it more closely, all the countries who wanted to join EU was just for economic reasons, to free trade, to get a piece of the pie that's propped up by Germany and France along with other 10+ richer nations not really to surrender their sovereignty and to be governed head to toe by those nations. So if it's just money that they want, why don't they just form trade agreements which is essentially where the money comes from? That way everybody gets to do what they want and yet still be able to free trade with the other nations.

EU should break up and just become trade agreements. Sooner or later, this is what's going to happen with countries leaving EU, one by one. The Netherland would be next. And then all of the Scandinavian countries including Iceland and then all that's left is going to be Germany and France along with all the poorer countries. Eventually Germany and France won't be able to prop up the EU anymore and feed all the "havenot" countries and EU would collapse. Each country would go back to be on their own. All the migrants will go back to where they come from seeing Germany and France is not there to hand out free money anymore and there is no free money anymore. And then if they are smart, they will form trade agreements with each other to still free trade and help each other prosper while retaining individuality. That's how it would go down.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    #106     Aug 22, 2019
  7. JSOP

JSOP

It is worse. You do NOT join dictatorship just because you think democracy is not working as well as you think cuz once you join a dictatorship, you are never coming back out to democracy. You are done. It's always easier to go from democracy to dictatorship than getting out of a dictatorship to democracy. You want to surrender your free will to be enslaved by dictatorship? Go right ahead but trust me, you won't like it and it would be too late. Once you get a little older, you will realize this.

#107     Aug 22, 2019
  8. d08

d08

Can you give me a definition of "dictatorship"? It's clear you don't know what that word means.

#108     Aug 22, 2019
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Don't see much of a difference, only how things are labelled, after all a dictatorship is only how someone gets into power, they get in by being strong and good at there job, where as a democracy is muppets voting for muppets, none of this Brexit shite would happen under Putin's care, what's best for the stupid people end of story, not letting muppets make stupid decisions.

#109     Aug 22, 2019
  10. JSOP

JSOP

dictatorship
    /dɪkˈteɪtəʃɪp/
    noun
    noun: dictatorship
    1. government by a dictator.
      "the effects of forty years of dictatorship"
      synonyms: absolute rule, undemocratic rule, despotism, autocracy; More

antonyms: democracy
      • a country governed by a dictator.