Brett's a Jet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Arnie Guitar, Aug 7, 2008.

1. #21     Aug 8, 2008
  2. thorn

thorn

You don't know or care about the Jets. Otherwise, you wouldn't be crying like this. This is a great day for the Jets. A new beginning. The Jets are playoff bound. They're going to crush the patsies on 9/14.

Ferguson-Faneca-Mangold = best left side of line in pro football.

Watch the passing now flourish, the running now flourish, and the defense flourish. It's always been a domino effect with chemistry.

Go Man-genius !!

#22     Aug 8, 2008
  3. I think the Jets are gonna be mighty strong this year, they've been active in the off season acquiring players...Brett is the icing on the cake.

Lord help Packer brass if Aaron Rodgers gets hurt or plays like crap.

#23     Aug 8, 2008
  4. The team that's looking bad in this whole Favre thing are the Patriots. They allowed CB Asante Samuel to leave to free agency. He would have been good for at least 8 or 9 interceptions against Favre this season. :D

#24     Aug 8, 2008
  5. why should he win anymore with Jets than he lost @ greenbay :D

he's a wild card, the joker

#25     Aug 8, 2008
  6. thorn

thorn

It's amazing how thorn always seems to be 1 day ahead of the masses!

#26     Aug 9, 2008
  7. do you have a newsletter i could subscribe?

#27     Aug 9, 2008
  8. Brett is like the aging boxer that won't quit till he gets the embarrassing knock out..

he is in for a rude awakening this year with the Jets.

he should quit while he is ahead

too late now he has to put up

i'm sure he'll blame the team and every other freaking thing when he don't

#28     Aug 9, 2008

9. Im a life long jet fan...and have been tormented soooo many times when I think they are about to become elite....I like what they did to the line...but they really have no # 1 reciever nor #1 runningback....they have 'reliable" guys but lets face it, Opposing defenses do not go into a jet game and say " Holy shit guys, we've got Jerrico Crotchery, laverneus Cole and Thomas Jones this week"!!!!

Jones takes 3-4 yard gains...but he is never a threat to take it to the house nor does he make a dee. play honest on 3rd and 5....Coles is reliable but he is best suited as a 2nd fiddle reciever .

#29     Aug 9, 2008
  10. My thoughts earlier on were that Pack management were insane not to take Favre back.

Now, I can't help but suspect that either:

A) They have so much confidence in Aaron Rodgers (based on what, i don't know), or;

B) They know something negative about Favre's health that made them decide not to take a chance on him for another year.

Why else wouldn't they be willing to take him back?!? He only has two seasons left, and based on last year's results you'd think they'd be willing to further delay the Aaron Rodgers experiment and go with a top-tier QB like Favre for that time span.

In other words, I'm saying that there has to be a damn good reason. Packers management can't be that fucking stupid......can they?

#30     Aug 10, 2008